30. Finally Over

Ashlin

I guess it would be right to say Zion broke my heart. At first it was hard to understand why he made that decision. Then it was hard to accept that he was right. That he needed time to himself to find who he really was destined to be.

It felt like a break up, although we hadn't been together. A complicated situation, yet I finally understood. So I had thrown myself into grind mode because of finals. To take my mind off things. Yet every now and again when I wasn't studying... I was crying on my bathroom floor.

Zion hadn't called, hadn't texted, hadn't post on his social media. It was like he fell off the face of the world, more specifically my world. I had to force myself to watch football, just to get a glimpse of him. As Cidshore High was going up against Melrasa Academy in the finals.

They had made it to the finals and I couldn't call to celebrate with him.

He really meant it when he said he wouldn't contact me. Infact I'd tried to call so many times to change his mind. Not once did he answer and then one morning I woke up feeling better. As if I finally grasped why he did it.

That day was two weeks after our kiss. The day finals came to a close and Graduation prep began. As well as prom campaigns and prep for the play Gabriana was leading in.

It was weird, as I walked down the hall that day as last period was about to start. People were talking about parties, summer, graduation, college and the big school play. While I soaked it all in and kept my head low. Trying to maneuver my way to class .

Which happened to be Spanish, a subject I actually enjoyed. Yet as I walked into the room, my face dropped at the scene before me. The decorations and food was beautiful. However I was just not in the mood.

Apparently our Spanish teacher thought it would be fun to close out our week with a small party. To help us relax and also to say goodbye to her favorite set of students. As finals were over so we'd be having little to no classes for the next few weeks.

She was the best teacher ever and I wasn't saying that because of the free pizza.

As I greeted everyone with fake excitement, someone bumped into my back on their way in. I turned to see who it had been and a real smile graced my face at the sight of Claire. We had somehow come to a truce. To be kind to each other, putting the past behind us.

In fact, since the big Brawl broke out, she stopped talking to Trisha. Which in turn got her banned from the It Girls' table. So she started sitting with me and my friends to rekindle the long lost bond of friendship.

Even Jake and I got over the brief tense moments. Life was too short and we were too old to be fighting over what we couldn't control anymore. Everything was falling into place and I was most importantly recovering from Zion telling me he was leaving... Right after he confessed he loved me.

"Hey, your teacher invited my drama class to join the party" Claire spoke as she came further into the room.

She had changed so much over the two weeks, it was magical.

"Woahh, sick party!" Someone exclaimed as they joined us in the room and I rolled my eyes at the boy.

It was none other than Morris Clarke...

The guy that chose to be obsessed with me of all people.

For weeks I'd managed to avoid conversations with him. Dodging him in the halls, sitting far away from him in mutual classes and staying by my friends' sides because I knew they intimidated him.

Yet here we were face to face because I had turned to see who was making the noise.

"Wow Ashlin, you look great today... I haven't seen you in a hot minute" he greeted, completely ignoring Claire who was now standing beside me.