♥ Epilogue ♥

11 months later

Ashlin

"Ash we're going to be late! Hurry up!"

My friend Arielle Hadish screamed at me from the living room of the apartment we shared. Arielle was a short, half white and half asian girl I met the first week of uni. We had selected a joint apartment and turned out to be each other's living partner. While I was getting over being away from my friends, she was getting over her boyfriend moving all the way to England.

So instantly we became close due to our similar dilemma. Since then we've been inseparable, always doing everything together. Sometimes we even slept in the same bed, whenever movie night ended a bit too late. As I just couldn't bother to walk back to my room.

Now, here she was screaming at me to hurry up. As we were going to the beach to get some content for her Instagram. She was a huge fashion influencer with over 200k followers and around 65posts. So we had to go to the beach because she copped a brand deal with a swimsuit line.

As her friend, well, mostly as a lover of the ocean...I gladly agreed to tag along. Yet here I was double checking my bag for sunscreen, bug spray and money. Even though she had told me about the trip weeks prior.

It was funny that she was the one doing the shoot, yet I was the one that took eternity to get ready.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" I hollered back as I quickly zipped my travel bag and swung it over my shoulder.

Then I went out to meet her where she stood in the living room.

She looked me up and down before shaking her head. Then a small smile graced her lips and she motioned for us to head out. She seemed a bit more antsy than other times when she had shoots. Yet I didn't question it because it was probably a bigger deal than I could imagine.

As she locked the door to our apartment, A feeling of excitement overtook me. I just felt like it was going to be a fun day. With that in mind, I grabbed Arielle's hand and smiled. Completely ignoring her raised brow at my antics.

"Today's going to be good, I can feel it" I spoke and when we walked off I heard Arielle mutter something.

"It better be"  was what I thought she said.

"Did you bring snacks?" She asked and I gave her look that said 'duh'.

After all I wouldn't be Ashlin King without bringing a ton of snacks everywhere I went. Especially to the beach that was a long drive away. Arielle didn't need to ask, she already knew.

The drive to the beach was fun. As Arielle played some old Chris Brown, One direction, Taylor swift songs. Then she switched it up with some Black Pink and Selena Gomez hits. We sang our hearts out while she drove and munched on snacks when our voice boxes needed rest.

We we'rent alone in the car, her photographer Hue was also in the car.  Although he spent most of the drive on his phone, he did occasionally join in on the songs. He particularly sang his heart out on 'the heart wants what it wants' by Selena. Which made me wonder if he was going through something similar.

Our unmatchable chemistry and vibe made the drive seem shorter than expected. We meshed so well together and had so much things to talk about. That there was hardly an awkward moment of silence in Arielle's Audi Q8. Which was gifted to her from her Aunt in Spain.

"Woahh" was Hue's reaction when we parked in the lot made for visitors of the beach.

He seemed to have entered photographer's heaven. As he looked out at the view before our eyes. The lot faced the beach, so we were getting a great angle of the place.