15. Plot Twist

Ashlin

As soon as I made it back to my friends, I saw an angry Alysia storming towards us. Her attention was trained on her target and her target was me. Other than looking extremely furious, she looked disheveled. Her hair was a mess and her light pink dress was creased all over.

"You!" She accused loudly, causing a few people to look our way.

"Alysia calm down" I whispered, hoping she'd realize she could ruin her mother's event.

It seemed she caught on, so instead of Shouting, she whispered aggressively.

"You left me to fend for myself! Baby Rosy and her gang ruined my hair!" She explained, absolutely livid.

"I'm sorry, I woke up late...I just got here" I rebutted but Alysia wasn't having it.

"I don't care for your excuses! They're by the gazebo to the side of the house. Rosey's mom is waiting for you!" She spat before storming off to most likely fix her hair.

"Well that was amusing" Jake commented, already seeming a bit tipsy.

I shook my head at him, not in the mood to make fun of Alysia.

"Well guys, I guess the children await" I spoke up, my voice leaking of the frustration I felt.

When I got to the gazebo, I saw a blonde middle aged woman sitting with a group of children. She had one on her lap that had a striking resemblance to her. I figured it was Rosey's mom and the girl on her lap was Rosey.

"Hey, I'm Ashlin... I'm supposed to watch them now" I introduced as I approached them.

The lady looked relieved, as if she was in a cell for years and was about to be let out.

"Oh, thank the Lord" the lady voiced, her thick southern accent pushing through.

I smiled at her and took the girl that was on her lap. She returned my big smile and patted down her skirt before bidding the children goodbye. Before she left she warned the girl in my arms, telling her to be a dear.

Rosey agreed and smiled at her mother, waving her little hand at her mom's back. Then her mother was out of sight and I was left with the children. They all peered at me in awe, with a bit of excitement. They were all so cute, they seemed nothing like Alysia described.

"Are you a fwairy pwincess?" Little Rosey asked her words a bit weird.

She was so sweet and I was flattered by the question.

"No, I'm just a normal girl like you" I answered honestly.

"You look like a princess though" a little boy joined.

He had red hair, chubby cheeks and freckles across his nose.

"Well you look like a prince" I teased, causing the boy to blush.

Yet someone interrupted the little moment.

"Stop lying, Marso looks like a tomato" a boy a bit taller than all the others spoke.

He seemed to be the eldest of the bunch, probably around 8 years.

"Well if he's a twomato, you're a lemwon!" Rosey shouted, defending Marso.

Although their little fight was amusing, I knew I had to end it.

"Ok Guys! No time for arguing...who wants to play a game?" I asked in a sugary sweet voice.

"Meeeeeee!" They all shouted, except for the tall boy.

"Ok great, let's play a game of tag!" I spoke, causing excitement to overcome them.