12. Headlines pt2

Ashlin

I rolled over to get more comfortable, only to hear my name being whisper yelled. Opening my eyes slightly, I found the interrupter of my sleep to be Liz. I looked around in confusion, wondering why she was in my room. Then it all came back to me, as my vision became sharp and the grey walls greeted me. I was at the nurse's office, however I was still puzzled on why she was here.

We hadn't spoken to each other since our argument.

"I came for some tea and the nurse said to wake you up"  she explained, probably seeing the bewilderment bare on my face.

"Oh" I replied groggily, easing up from the bed and scratching my head.

I guess the three hours had pass and now I had to leave. At least my head wasn't hurting anymore. Infact I was feeling like I could get through the rest of the day perfectly fine.

"Also... there's something you should see" She continued, as nervousness took over her features.

At the raise of my brows, she slid her phone over to me. I gave her an uneasy smile as I didn't know what to expect. So when my eyes rested on the article on the screen...I froze.

There I was on the cover, being embraced by Zion. As I scrolled down, I came upon another picture. This time I was being held by the guy that asked me for directions. At first I was just bewildered. So I scrolled back up to the top to read the Headline.

"St.Valdire's Ashlin King Scores Touchdown with Promising Football Stars Zion and Gabe"

"What in the world is this shit?" I asked, not realizing I asked out loud.

"It seems you gained the wrong kind of attention" Liz commented and I rolled my eyes.

"You should read the whole thing" Liz advised, so I did... curious to see what was going on.

It seems there was only Jackpots at the recent Raid for St. Valdire's Ashlin King. As Cidshore High's most promising athletes have taken a liking to her. She was first spotted with Cidshore's team Captain being held possessively as the Raid was in it's early stage. Then minutes later she was photographed with the Heartthrob himself Zion Atkins, in a very scandalous embrace. Reports say  the pair were later seen staring at each other before a teammate interrupted, telling Atkins to get his head in the game. It seems a new romance might be budding. As it seems Miss King has left her mark on Gabe Elliott and her charm on Mr Atkins. However only time will tell.
Click the link below for more on the Raid.

My jaw literally dropped at the way the article portrayed the situation. They got everything wrong, from the possessive embrace to the budding romance. It was so funny how people could take something so innocent and turn it into drama. Now I was probably hated by half of Gabe and Zion's fans because of baseless rumors.

Finally realizing my mouth was wide open, I handed the phone back to Liz. Then closed my mouth and cleared my throat. I could only imagine how Zion must be taking it. He never seemed like the type to like this kind of drama and I'd known him for about 4 weeks or less.

"Are you ok?" Liz asked, placing her hand on my shoulder for comfort.

"To be honest, I'm not sure, I've never been a headliner before" I answered, adding an awkward chuckle at the end.

"Is anything in that article even true?" She questioned, squeezing my shoulder to urge me on.

"No, nothing at all" I replied, my voice small but confident.