09. When Friends Fight

Ashlin

Bright and early Monday morning, I slapped my alarm clock frustratedly as it rung. I was irritated, as I only got 4 hours of sleep. I had been studying all night until morning as Mr Baron announced we had a test. Why he waited until Sunday evening to let us know was something I couldn't fathom but I wasn't going to fail that test.

Grumpily rolling out of bed, I dragged myself to the bathroom to have a cold shower. Cold water seemed to wake me up way more than warm water and boy did I need to wake up. After stripping slowly, I stepped into the shower and slid the glass door shut.
Sighing to myself, I turned and tapped the blue button and the cold water instantly fell on me.

Although I had pushed the button, I was still caught by surprise. As I yelped and jumped back a little. Yet as soon as I was calm again I went right under the shower head. I was awake, the cold water did it's job. Smiling to myself I grabbed my shampoo bottled and started on my hair. Which would take a life time to untangle as I forgot to wear my bonnet the night before.

Just my luck, sigh.

Although the morning was off to a rocky start. I cheered up a little when I got to the kitchen after getting ready. Gabriella had made breakfast and it was delicious. I hadn't had an EBC (🥚, 🥓 and 🧀 Sandwich) that good in ages. Plus the Carrot juice was so rich and refreshing. Ryan better not mess things up with this girl because danggg...she was amazing.

"So what kept you up so late?" Ryan asked as he appeared in the kitchen.

Sighing dramatically, I explained to him my predicament.

"Mr Baron told us we have a test today, only problem is he told us yesterday"

Rolling his eyes, he replied with a classic "What a douche".

"A big fat one" Gabriella added, causing me to lightly chuckle.

Her line was cheesy but it was ok in my book.
.............................

The test actually turned out to be manageable. As I made my way to lunch with a huge smile on my face. For starters he didn't give us anything we didn't learn and to end it off he gave us an easy essay question. I was certain my grade would be good, so skipping a few hours of sleep was really worth it.

"Bro that test was so hard, like wtf?!" Morris complained as he walked out of the classroom.

He was behind me and I couldn't tell who he was talking to but I knew it wasn't me. He was always sugary sweet around me. Never cussing and always trying to ask me out.

"Tell me about it, who tf gives us an essay on why Dogs are the best pets." The other person continued and rolled my eyes at the two of them.

I know I was an A+ student but honestly, the test was really not that bad. I'm sure a Freshman could tackle the test and pass. The boys were just being dramatic.

Ignoring the bickering behind me, I walked faster to the cafeteria. They had Burgers today, I couldn't let it run out. So I quickly got in line and ordered two. One for me and one for Liz.

She was always forgetting her lunch money. So I was like the mom who took care of her. Only she always returned the gesture by taking me anywhere I needed to be free of cost.

Liz was a skinny girl, she wasn't always skinny but she wasn't fat either. It was last year after summer break when I realized how much smaller she had gotten. I was worried but she assured me she was ok. Since then she was always forgetting her lunch money and when she did remember she saved it to buy clothes at the mall.

Since she wouldn't explain to me what the problem was I decided to feed her.

I just hoped she'd come around and tell me what was going on. She got so mad at me for not talking about Strenderville. Yet she never came clean on why she lost so much weight and found every excuse not to eat.