25. The Results of the Game

Ashlin

The game had just ended about a minute ago. Which was the reason for Green and black to be floating everywhere. As our side of the stadium was silent, filled with yet another disappointment. We had lost, making Cidshore the Victor once again.

Our team had put up quite the fight but it wasn't enough. Cidshore had been too swift and as I looked at the scoreboard, I knew Jake was going to be hard on himself. This was supposed to be his year, all he had wanted was to beat Cidshore. To break the streak, yet he had failed.

27 : 9

That was what the scoreboard read.

I knew I'd have to cheer Jake up when we returned to St Valdire. As I wouldn't be able to get to him now. He'd be too busy with his coach and his teammates. Being the Captain meant there'd be lots of people he'd have to console. Even though he needed consolation himself.

Although I was worried about him, I couldn't help but feel happy for Zion. He had scored a touchdown for his team which must have felt amazing. Plus he had assisted 2 out of the other three that had catapult them to victory. I really wanted to run down to the field and give him a big hug but I refrained myself.

The Cidshore crowd was going nuts, people were throwing stuff, jumping, singing and blowing their horns loudly. Meanwhile the cheerleaders did an awesome cheer with Penelope front and center. So many people from Cidshore was rushing onto the field to cheer the team on.

Yet in the background was a very disappointed St Valdire team dragging themselves off the field.

"Damn, what a loss" I heard some one 2 rows above me saying.

I looked up to see a man around his mid 40s with a young boy and a teenage girl looking down at the field.

"Man, well at least we manage to score one touchdown. That's something " the girl replied and the man shrugged his shoulders at her words.

"We still lost" the little boy added, shutting down the girls optimistic perspective.

I turned away from them at that and joined my friends in packing up our belongings. As much as we wanted to stay longer, we knew the bus would leave in the next half hour. So we had to get our things and make our way to the restroom. As we'd been sitting for way over two hours.

We'd have to get there quickly in order to make it back to the bus in time. Normally we'd stay longer but since we'd lost... There was no need to stick around. When I looked down at the field again, I saw Zion approaching Jake.

I was curious to see what was going to happen so I paused putting the stuff in my bad to watch. At first it seemed like they were just having a civilized post game interaction. Then next thing everyone knew Jake was pushing Zion.

Everyone's eyes was now glued on the two. What in the world was going on? We waited for Zion to push back but all we saw was him shaking his head as he removed his helmet. He seemed to be talking to Jake with his helmet now off and we watched Jake remove his as well.

Jake had an angry expression on his face, as if what Zion was saying to him was burning him on the inside.

Then Zion turned and walked away from him, returning to his teammates to celebrate with them. Everyone then went back to what they were doing. Whispering to themselves about what they had witnessed.

What was that?

I thought to myself.

As far as I knew, they'd never really interacted much before. Yet regardless of that fact, I'm sure a small talk could not bring that side out of Jake. Zion must have said something to trigger him. Which to me was weird, considering Zion was one of the kindest people I had met in my life.