CHAPTER SIX

THE REST OF the school day resulted in Christina sitting in her Calculus class, staring out the window and being completely zoned out after doing her assignment

THE REST OF the school day resulted in Christina sitting in her Calculus class, staring out the window and being completely zoned out after doing her assignment. She just looked onward and into oblivion, thinking about everything that had occurred not even an hour ago and feeling flabbergasted at what she had seen in the hallway that wasn't too far from her current location. She felt as though she had just witnessed a scene from an action movie right outside the room and it was so surreal to her, and it seemed like a dream.

Only... it wasn't a dream. It was real.

When the hell did Peter learn to fight all of a sudden? Christina wondered to herself. If this was a secret he had been keeping from her the whole time, then it hurt her a little bit. Sure, she was truly impressed by his skills, but it was something that he didn't do to defend himself yesterday at the science lab. That could have been because there were teachers and staff members around and he didn't want to risk getting in trouble. But that didn't help the situation make any more sense. It was still confusing as hell. She just didn't understand how all of it came to fruition.

Christina hadn't seen Peter since he had run off. Maybe he had left and ran all the way home to avoid getting himself in trouble or he could have wanted to be by himself for a while before coming back to the school to accept his punishment. She had no idea where he currently was and she had no way of contacting him until she got out of school, so she was worried sick at this point. And for good reason. He might've gotten hurt by some of the most horrendous people of New York, he might've gotten stabbed or shot... or worse. She didn't want to get into the details but the point was that she was worried for his safety.

Harry had also seemed to be worried when they both saw Peter running by what seemed as though his life depended on getting away from this shitty excuse of a school. If it were a different way or a different situation, Christina would have understood that, but she most certainly couldn't right now. Everything had just happened out of the blue and she was still so stunned by it all that she couldn't even think straight, not that she had any reason to at the moment. Her anxiety was off the charts and that was all that she was aware of, despite trying to calm herself down. Her heart was going a mile a minute and, no matter what she did, she couldn't stop it.

She let the eraser of her pencil tap against the smooth, wooden desk as gently as she could since she didn't want to cause a distraction to her classmates but also to help herself with her nervousness. She had already finished her assignment, but she was too bored at the moment, so what else could she do? She had a book with her but she felt as though she wouldn't be able to concentrate on the words in the text without putting it down or slamming her hands against the desk. She glanced at the clock on the white wall. 2:57, it read. She was so close go throwing herself in her car and speeding down the streets of Queens in order to find Peter, no matter what it took.