CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN

( DISCLAIMER: this chapter contains a sex scene towards the end

( DISCLAIMER: this chapter contains a sex scene towards the end. however, it's not too graphic in detail and is more emotional than anything. but still, be aware! )

Fourteen Hours Later
9:12 P.M.

As Christina scrubbed the pot she had used for making chicken alfredo in the sink, she hummed to herself almost absentmindedly as a way to fill up time in her head. After all, she didn't have any other way to occupy herself before going to bed so this was the closest she could think. The mundane action was almost therapeutic in a way and it put her at ease, especially considering the events the night before still plagued her from time to time.

She wasn't able to get those haunting words that Peter had said to her out of her mind: "I couldn't push her away and yell at her or protest or say 'No.'"

How could someone do something so heinous? Christina thought nastily as she shook her head to herself. That fucking bitch. Karma will get her soon enough, no matter how it happens.

She knew Peter wouldn't be completely alright for quite a while after that and she completely understood, and guilt had consumed her after she had sort of pushed him away on the phone that morning. She supposed it was her trying to give him some space in case he didn't want to be around anyone after that, and she wanted to respect his boundaries and not push him over the edge. He was hurt and she wanted to do everything to make him okay again... to make him her Peter again.

But she didn't quite know what to do.

She was glad she hadn't said a word to Sidney about it, not wanting to put more on her shoulders after the horrific nightmare the girl had. She had suggested that she call Arabella to calm herself down some more, and it seemed to have worked because she was soon giggling over the phone and cracking terrible jokes like she always used to. The nightmare could have just been triggered randomly; after all, trauma can do such a thing to you and Christina had been there before.

It still happened sometimes, where she would have a nightmare about Norman coming after her or having to watch her perish before her eyes. But she got past it almost too easily now and that's how she knew she had come a tremendously long way since last year.

Christina then rinsed the pot from the dish soap and set it on the drying rack, where it would remain until the morning. She then wiped her hands on a nearby towel and walked towards the hallway, preparing to turn down her bed so she could go to sleep.

This was broken off by the landline phone ringing shrilly in the living room and she jumped slightly at the loud noise. Suddenly grateful that Sidney had returned home earlier that day, she jogged over to the phone and picked up the receiver, raising it to her ear.