CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

Three Hours Later3:00 P

Three Hours Later
3:00 P.M.
Christina's POV

The wind outside of the train station had picked up significantly as Christina waited for her scheduled train to arrive, and she figured it was only a few minutes late. The sun was partly covered by the clouds in the sky and she figured a storm was probable in the near future. She briefly adjusted her jumpsuit and hugged her arms to her chest to prevent herself from the admittedly chilly air.

Her day shift at her social working job had just ended and she was waiting to take the nearest train to the station close to the university so she could have her appointment with her therapist. She didn't intend for it to be a very long session, as her night classes would be starting at 5:30. Luckily, there were only two of them to deal with, so she wouldn't be back at her apartment too late.

She just hoped that Sidney would survive a couple of hours without her.

Humming softly to herself, the brunette tucked a stray strand of her hair behind her left ear as she heard the bell of the train making its way towards her. She visibly perked up as she tugged her purse onto her shoulder a little more tightly, yawning from the slight tiredness she felt in her body. As she waited for it to come to a complete stop, she suddenly remembered that she had forgotten her locket at her apartment when she had left that morning. She silently scolded herself for a moment but eventually thought it wasn't the end of the world. She would just wear it tomorrow.

The automatic doors opened once the train stopped in front of her and Christina waited for the other citizens to pile out of the car. She just barely made it inside in time before the doors practically slammed shut, and she went to grab one of the poles to help stay on her feet while the train moved. Afterwards, the young woman glanced around at the other people surrounding her and she had to admit that it was a little crowded but she chose not to complain. She instead sighed to herself as she politely smiled at a few random people, and her heart warmed lightly when she saw some of them nod their heads at her in return.

On cue, the lights in the train car began to flicker from time to time as it finally began to move forwards and towards the brunette's destination. This would happen whenever Christina boarded any train in downtown Manhattan and she humorously thought that the people responsible for constructing them should fix the electricity on them.

But, then again, this was New York City. Nobody really cared that much.

The train lurched a little bit and the woman made it out to be that it had hit a faulty set of tracks on its journey and she mentally sighed with relief when everything was steady again. Her nerves got the better of her because of this, however, and she just hoped for a safe trip to her destination, which was five stops away. She didn't want the train to end up derailing, for God's sake! She just took a deep breath to calm herself, which was something that worked a lot better recently, and she preferred doing this over taking her medication a month prior.