CHAPTER THREE

THE SECOND CHRISTINA got home, she had the often feeling that the small house was empty

THE SECOND CHRISTINA got home, she had the often feeling that the small house was empty. It made her sigh sadly to herself, since she wished her mother didn't have to work so much. But it was something neither of them could help, and they both understood that. Besides, the young girl was relieved that she only worked at the Daily Bugle on weekends.

Her mother, Margaret Johnson, began losing herself in her work after her husband, Michael, had left her and Christina for another woman almost seven years prior. Both women were heartbroken when this happened, but they were able to slowly, but surely, pick up the pieces and move on. Harry and Peter had been there for Christina throughout this difficult time, and she couldn't thank them enough.

Christina had gone through a temporary depression after her father had left, but focusing more on her friends and school helped her get over it. Besides, she didn't need a father that would throw away a happy life to go down a darker path than she herself was going down.

But now, life was slowly starting to get better for her, even if she didn't always show it. She didn't show her true emotions to her friends because, if she did, that would just make her look silly, wouldn't it?

Hanging up her blue, floral-printed backpack on one of the coat hangers, Christina went to the kitchen and sat down at the small table, propping her head onto her right hand. She quietly sighed out of boredom, almost wishing that she had homework to take up her time. She admitted to herself that life could be good until it got to where you had nothing to do with yourself.

After a while of just staring into space, her thoughts eventually drifted to how Peter was acting towards the end of the field trip. She thought it was the strangest he had been in the years she had come to know him as her best friend. She had never seen him look so sick, but she thought to herself once more that he may have just been a little nauseous.

If she were being honest, she was only telling herself that to rid the worries from her mind. She could never help but always be concerned for her friends even if the smallest thing happened to them. It was just her protective nature over Peter and Harry that constantly drove her further to be a good friend.

Was it stressful sometimes? Yes. But did it ever make Christina angry? God no!

In fact, it made her a little happier to know that somebody, even if it was her, was actually looking out for the two boys. In a way, you could call Christina Johnson their babysitter, but it was never in a bad way.

She giggled to herself a little, smiling softly as she did. For the next few hours, she just thought about her friendship with the two boys that were like family to her.

But, eventually, her boredom got the better of her, so she picked up the telephone and order two boxes of pizza from Joe's Pizza. She got one for herself and one for her mother, like she did every time she ordered takeout.

She ate pizza as she watched Roseanne on the television until it was time for her to go to bed. She wrote a note for her mother and put it next to the other box of pizza before going upstairs. She brushed her teeth thoroughly and went to her small bedroom.

Christina's bedroom was one any girl would want, if she had to admit it. But there was also nerdy stuff hanging on the walls; for example, she had AC/DC and Joy Division posters attached to the drywall and she had a bookshelf that was filled to the brim with dozens of novels. But, other than that, it was a beautiful and neat room with white walls and a nice queen bed right in the middle.

To the nineteen-year-old, it was the picture perfect bedroom.

After changing into her pajamas, Christina climbed into her comfortable bed, pulling the thick blankets over her. And she managed to fall asleep faster than she thought.

But her worry for Peter stayed in the back of her mind as she slept.

NOTE  )
just a filler chapter before we get to the actual plot! heheheheheheh! hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! be looking forward to the next one!

-denbroughswife