CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

( TW: this chapter contains intense violence and a little gore, so proceed with caution )

Two Days Later
June 18th, 2005
7:45 P.M.

"So, how do you feel about coming over tomorrow?" Sidney asked shyly as she held the phone to her ear with a small smile. "It's been a minute since I've seen you... I'd like to spend more time with you.

"Of course I can come over!" Arabella responded enthusiastically before giggling. "I've missed you like crazy and I need to get out of the house. Being cooped up in my room can be quite lonely."

"I know the feeling," said Sidney as her smile grew bigger, shaking her head. "We can watch a movie or something... or annoy the hell out of Chris."

"Sid, I'm not coming over so we can wreak havoc on your sister," Arabella said in a fake-stern tone. "As much as we love to harp on her little romance with that Peter guy."

"Belle, we're just as terrible, admit it."

"You're right about that," she replied with a laugh. "But that doesn't mean it isn't different from them. Besides, we're better than them, according to you."

"I was just joking!" Sidney nearly shrieked with hysterical laughter. "Nobody is better than anyone else! You and I know this."

"Yeah, yeah, keep telling yourself that. I have to go, my mom and Mindy are helping prepare dinner and we're gonna have a movie night. My cousin, Julia, is coming over, too and I'm excited to see her."

"Sounds like fun," Sidney said. "Chris and I are gonna order some pizza, Mary Jane's coming over and we're gonna just chill before going to bed. I'll see you tomorrow, alright?"

"You got it. Goodnight, Sid," said Arabella in a sweet tone that she only used for her.

"Goodnight, Belle..." she whispered before ending the call.

After placing the phone back on the hook, she then walked out of her bedroom and towards the living room where Christina was sitting after having called in the pizza. She yawned before stretching her arms out to hint that she was getting sleepy but that only made her sister laugh.

"You can stay up for a few more hours," Christina said sarcastically. "Stop whining."

"A few more hours, my ass," Sidney fired back with a chuckle. "I'm exhausted... but I'll stay up for you. After all, 'I can't go to bed too early or too late.'"

"Correct," the blonde woman said with a smile before turning back to the television and absently watching whatever sitcom was on for the weekly night. Tonight, it was a rerun of the second season of The O.C. and it only made Christina slightly impatient for the third season coming in September. But she was mainly in her own little world right now, especially in a certain time when she couldn't really think of anything and she would zone out.