CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

( DISCLAIMER: this chapter contains moderate sexual content, but not full on smut! it will cut away right before anything too graphic takes place so the readers can stay comfortable! proceed with the chapter and enjoy! )

Two Hours Later
9:23 P.M.

Christina was careful while walking with her heels as the director of the musical guided her to the dressing rooms, and she could feel the cold breeze of the air conditioning blowing against her legs. Compared to the insufferable heat outside, it felt like Heaven to her at the moment. She had since taken her hair out of its braid and it was hanging down her back, and she didn't care that it was a little messy.

Peter had told her that he was going to step outside for some fresh air and for her to go ahead and see Mary Jane, which she was fine with despite having a suspicion of the real reason.

So here she was now, feeling a bit out of place like she did almost a year ago when she had visited her friend after seeing her performance in The Importance of Being Earnest. But she didn't mind all that much since she wasn't embarrassed whatsoever, she was more so happy at the moment because of the experience she just had watching the musical. The entire duration of it had seemed very magical and otherworldly, which had given Christina the opportunity to escape for one night into the fantasy world.

It wasn't that long until she spotted the dressing room with the name Mary Jane Watson-Jameson taped onto the door with a notecard. She then saw the redhead removing her foundation with makeup wipes and her eyes lit up, and she began jogging in her direction.

"Hey, M.J!" she called out, just hoping she wouldn't slip in her heels.

Mary Jane, whose red hair was still tied up and who was now in a pinkish robe and preparing to change back into casual clothes, turned around and spotted her friend coming in her direction. Placing her makeup wipe down, she ran over to embrace the blonde. "Chris!" she exclaimed, grinning with pure joy as they hugged.

"You were wonderful," Christina complimented with an expression of glee written all over her face before pulling back from the hug. "Probably your best performance yet."

The redhead's face flushed slightly as she shrugged her shoulders. "Thanks," she mumbled. "I appreciate it. I was so nervous that my knees were shaking up there!"

"I didn't notice," the blonde replied, shaking her head a little bit. "You were just fine. Did John come back here lately?"

"Yeah, he came back to congratulate me but he had to take an important phone call from his dad," Mary Jane said, smiling lightly. "You know him, he's busy a lot of the time."