CHAPTER FORTY

Five and a Half Hours Later7:00 P

7:00 P.M.
Christina's POV

Christina stared up at the grand sign and peered at her best friend's name printed under the title of the musical she was due to see at 7:30, Manhattan Memories. She was fully aware of the dozens of people in line behind her and Peter having his arm hooked around hers in a formal way, and how that made her face turn ever so slightly pink. She was nowhere near as shy as she once was before they had gotten together, but she would have her moments where she was subtly timid.

The teal chiffon dress that extended past her feet and the dark crimson heels that adorned them and the turquoise satin gloves made Christina feel grand as she carefully stepped forward with Peter at her side; she recalled something that had happened fifteen minutes prior, when he had initially picked her up so they could travel to the Broadway theater on his motorbike.

She remembered hearing the knocking on her front door – Sidney had gone back home at this point – and walking towards it to open it. She would never forget the earth-shattering grin on Peter's face once he got a good look at his love, and how it nearly brought her to tears. She had known, in that five-second moment of pure albeit non-awkward silence, that the night to follow would be magical.

"You look... perfect..." Peter had whispered as he admired every feature of his beloved girlfriend, longing to always assure her that she was stunning to him. He had noticed that her blonde hair was twisted into a pretty french braid and that she only had a slight bit of makeup on her face, a few layers of mascara and light pink lipstick. But that didn't matter to him; Christina was beautiful either with makeup or without it, and he was never unhappy with that since he had always seen her as stunning.

Peter never knew how, but Christina's beauty seemed to become greater each time he saw her; he could never put a finger on how that was possible, but he didn't care. He longed to see her every day, whether that be in a goddess-like dress or in a plain hoodie and sweatpants. He loved her regardless.

Christina hadn't taken a single second to hesitate to say, "You look perfect, too." It was true, he looked rather cute in his formal suit that he was wearing to the play. And the flirtatious but sheepish smile was enough for Peter to blush furiously, and that only made her smile even more.

"Um, thanks..." he had replied before leaning in and placing a gentle kiss on Christina's left cheek, not being able to miss how her own face had turned red. It was an incredibly adorable sight that he would never get tired of seeing.