CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

( minor TW: mentions of past self-h*rm )

DISCLAIMER: to be fully invested in the first scene of this chapter, listen to the track i have provided at the very top: "Laurie's Theme Ends" from Halloween Ends!

Three Weeks Later
September 19th, 2004
8:45 A.M.
Christina's POV

Facing what happened then has allowed me to try and heal myself. For nearly two years now, I've hidden away in my own kind of prison because I refused to accept what happened.

On November 29th, 2002, Norman Osborn changed the course of how my life would turn out forever. He took my dreams and took them into nightmares. He destroyed a seemingly normal night I was having when he broke into my apartment and abducted me, leaving a severe amount of trauma ingrained into my memory forever. Earlier that night, unbeknownst to myself, he had ravaged another home... and he then killed my mother.

And then he vanished... or so I thought.

I discovered around a month ago that the Green Goblin was actually dead and had been ever since that night.

The night I found out, I tried to take my life from this world.

But I was saved.

Surviving my overdose inspired me to truly want to get help.

Christina sat at the kitchen table as rays of sunlight traveled through the blinds in front of the window to her right. She placed her pencil down next to her journal for a few moments, rubbing her eyes to get rid of the sleepiness within her; she had only woken up twenty minutes ago and she was completing her goal of getting her thoughts out during the morning.

Her brunette hair, which she had re-dyed once the blonde roots were becoming too noticeable, was a tangled mess from her heavy sleep the night before.

It had been nearly a month since she had been released from the hospital and a lot had changed in her life. First off, she truly started weaning off of all of the medication she had been taking. Now, she rarely ever had to take a single pill, only doing so in extreme circumstances. She hadn't drunk a sip of alcohol after what had happened that night and she was now refusing to follow the urge to do so.

Christina's last therapy session and AA meeting had gone well and she hadn't broken down crying once during each of them. At the therapy session, she basically caught her therapist up on how she was doing and the time spent there had been relatively short.

At the AA meeting, she had received a token for being sober for three weeks, to which she stood in front of everyone else in the room and told her entire story for the first time. She had teared up, but she refused to cry. It had become easier to do that now.