CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

( TW: unintentional self-h*rm, blood, depression, graphic depictions of a dead body, panic attack, mild violence )

Fifteen Minutes Later
Christina's POV

"Miss Johnson!"

The brunette groaned out of pure exhaustion, her eyelids fluttering open and closed as her lips parted slightly.

"Christina!"

"Miss!"

She then slowly opened her eyes and stared upward, her vision extremely blurry as she struggled to regain consciousness. At first, all she could hear were unfamiliar voices but she was unable to turn her head since every inch of her body ached with agonizing pain. When she tried to move, she whimpered from the flare of soreness it brought and squeezed her eyes shut once more.

"CHRISTINA, HELP ME!!!"

Christina gasped loudly as she sat upright, clawing at her chest and feeling her heart rate speeding at an all-time high. Her eyes were wide with utter fear as she looked all around her frantically, every inch of her trembling terribly.

"Miss Johnson, hey, hey," a kind female voice spoke up from next to her, making the younger woman look in her direction with utter confusion written on her face.

That was when her vision finally refocused itself and she was fully back in reality. The woman sitting next to her with her hands on her arms to keep her from thrashing about was a paramedic not too much older than her. Christina then sighed with relief once she saw that she was sitting in the back of an ambulance and that she was being tended to from what happened inside the brick building in front of her.

"Ma'am..." she spoke up gently, timidly. "I'm sorry for scaring you...."

"No, don't be," the paramedic said with a caring smile.

Christina then winced as a sharp sting of pain erupted in the back of her head, and she instinctively reached her hand back there. "Ah!" she cried out quietly. "Oh, what happened...?"

"You hit your head on the wall inside, Miss," the polite woman said. "You were bleeding back there but it was nothing terrible. There's a small bandage there. But you may have a slight moderate concussion."

The brunette sighed with slight irritation as she lowered her head in an attempt to relieve the pain in her skull. But, when that didn't work, she just proceeded to carefully step off the back of the ambulance. She did wobble a little and confirmed that the paramedic was right with what she said, which made her panic a little.