CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

( TRIGGER WARNING: mild violence, major depression, detachment from reality, su*c*dal thoughts, attempted su*c*de )

DISCLAIMER: if any of these topics bother you in any way, i would skip this chapter entirely or PROCEED WITH CAUTION! if you refuse to read this warning, don't bitch at me because of what happens. I WARNED YOU, ALL RIGHT? now, with that out of the way, here's the chapter that was the most difficult for me to write... emotionally.😐

Two Days Later
August 27th, 2004
12:17 A.M.
Christina's POV

The brunette sipped from a glass of red wine as she relaxed on the couch, her hand holding the television, and she switched a few channels from time to time. She figured she could watch one more episode of a random show before heading off to bed for the night; Sidney had gone to sleep an hour before and she was now left in peaceful silence. She knew she shouldn't be staying up way too late because she had to take her sister to school in the morning.

Christina yawned a little and rubbed her eyes, placing her glass back down on the coffee table. It was past midnight at this point and she personally wouldn't mind if she fell asleep right then and there, but she would rather have done that in her own bed. She didn't really care that she felt completely at ease, mainly since she knew she would turn in for the night pretty soon.

She eventually finished her wine, which was the last of the bottle she owned in the apartment. She actually intended for that to be the end of her consuming alcohol for good and, although she knew it wouldn't be easy to quit, she was destined to try. A part of her would always miss how sweet it tasted, but she knew it wouldn't be good for her in the future. So she wanted to actually stop doing just that.

Sighing quietly after not finding any good shows, Christina picked up her remote and pressed the 'OFF' button, watching as the screen slammed to black. She then got up from the sofa and walked towards the kitchen, placing the wine glass into the sink. She decided to then scrub the dishes in said sink before putting them all away for the night.

After fifteen minutes of doing that, the woman removed her brown hair from its rubber band and let it land against her back. She was aware that she needed to touch up her roots at the top of her scalp, as the blonde color was seeping back in. And she quite preferred how it looked right now, thank you very much.

Right before she entered the hallway to go to her bedroom, however, a knock came from the front door.

Her eyebrows raising in bewilderment, Christina spun around to face the door. She glanced at the clock above the stove and felt her heart sink slightly. Who in the hell could be at her apartment at nearly twelve-thirty in the morning?