CHAPTER SEVEN

THE WEEK FOLLOWING her relief that her best friend was okay was full of Christina's annoyance that Peter had detention ever since his fight with Flash

THE WEEK FOLLOWING her relief that her best friend was okay was full of Christina's annoyance that Peter had detention ever since his fight with Flash. But, while the blonde was irritated with him after everything that had happened that day, she did feel as though he deserved it and that he was suffering through a fair punishment that didn't last as long as either of them thought.

The second week after the fight consisted of Christina hanging out with Harry and Peter at her house every other day when they didn't have to study for any tests or they didn't have homework. They always saved their homework sessions for whenever they went to the Parker residence, and it always ended with them laughing themselves silly and not getting their homework done.

Well, Peter always got his homework done. Harry and Christina, however? Not so much.

Probably explained why they had failed at least one or two exams during senior year. Peter could safely say that he was disappointed in the two. But he still helped them from time to time, even though he would never let them copy off of him during their homework sessions. Whenever they would get stressed over not figuring something out, he was always there for them.

But, nowadays, Peter was a lot more closed off from the two; he hardly focused on his homework just like they did, and that was very unusual for him to do. Every now and then, Christina would catch him staring into space when he was supposed to be answering the questions of an assignment from any subject, which drew her suspicion. Eventually, the three would go from having sessions three to four days a week to about half an hour a week, much to Harry and Christina's disappointment.

So Christina started having homework sessions with just Harry, which led to them bonding more than they thought they would. They would often help one another when it came to studying and either one of them would suggest having a fifteen minute break every hour or two so they could just be themselves. It ended up working out, and they eventually started managing just fine without Peter's help.

The blonde girl was still concerned for her best friend, however, so she tried her best to reach out to him. But she would get the same reactions and responses every time she asked Peter. Every single time she questioned if he was alright, he would say something along the lines of, "I'm fine, Chris. Don't worry about me," or, "Nothing's going on. I have no idea what you're talking about." And, while Christina found that much more suspicious than normal, she chose to run with those answers and ignore her worries; this was mostly due to her not wanting Peter to lash out at her if she ever asked again.

She knew that day would come someday, but she didn't want that day to be anytime soon.

In the meantime, Christina chose to push her concerns to the back of her head as she continued to take notes in her notebook. She had a Calculus exam in two days and she wanted to pass it as much as she could since it was one of the last tests she would ever have to go through in that class. For that, she would be relieved when it was over.