CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

( DISCLAIMER: for full ambience of this chapter, i would advise that you listen to the music track i've provided at the top, "Strodes at the Hospital" from Halloween Kills

( DISCLAIMER: for full ambience of this chapter, i would advise that you listen to the music track i've provided at the top, "Strodes at the Hospital" from Halloween Kills. enjoy! )

Thirty Minutes Later
10:04 P.M.
Christina's POV

By the time Christina made it to the hospital, her face had become ghostly white and her eyes could hardly keep themselves open. Even sitting in the back of the ambulance with Mary Jane and John proved to be immensely difficult. This was especially because the pain had come back in full force and it was more unbearable now, and she knew that her life was draining rather quickly. She had ordered for the driver of the ambulance to slam down on the gas pedal and she was obeyed.

She couldn't die.

Not tonight.

Not now.

And certainly not anytime soon.

She wanted to live.

But her body seemed to say otherwise as she slowly began shutting down; it all started when she fainted again and collapsed into Mary Jane's lap, and the redhead had to hold her with the remaining strength she had. This only led to her friend panicking, but John successfully kept her calm by assuring her that Christina would be just fine.

But, in reality, John Jameson was scared shitless for his friend's life.

Mere minutes later, Christina was floating in and out of consciousness as she felt herself being carried out of the ambulance and placed on a nearby stretcher. Her vision was blurrier than it ever had been, as the human figures surrounding her were nothing but misshapen apparitions to her and their voices echoed so badly to the point that she couldn't make out a word they were saying to her.

"...gonna... all right..." was all she could hear due to Mary Jane's muffled voice.

But she was unable to respond.

The fingernails on her remaining arm were turning blue....

Each breath she inhaled was a wheeze instead of a normal intake of oxygen....

Her heartbeat began to slow....

No, hold on, damn it! the last sentence that resembled anything close to a cohesive and sane thought flared throughout her brain, and she tried clutching onto it desperately.

In order to comfort herself, she tried to think of her favorite memory, something that would keep her chained to reality. Sidney's face swam through her mind and she couldn't help but smile as she remembered her sister's twelfth birthday.