CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Two Hours Later10:39 P

Two Hours Later
10:39 P.M.
Christina's POV

The brunette stepped through the apartment door after unlocking it, feeling a little relieved that it seemed completely fine. She carefully shut it and hung her purse on the coat hanger before walking towards the living room. Seeing Sidney sitting on the couch, Christina sighed a little before plopping down on the cushions next to her. She then took a deep breath and buried her face in her hands, suppressing a yawn as her little sister stared at her out of worry.

"Everything okay?" she asked her as she placed her bookmark in the novel she was reading.

"Yeah..." Christina said, lying through her teeth. But, knowing that Sidney was aware of her lie, she let her shoulders sag. "No..."

Sidney put her book on the coffee table before moving closer, ready to offer comfort when she could. "What happened?" she replied.

"Uh, let's see..." Christina began sarcastically, clapping her hands together. "I celebrated John's accomplishments before he proposed to M.J, I danced with Peter and we almost kissed, Harry interrupted us and slapped Peter and he then destroyed our whole friendship! So, how's your night been?"

The young girl's eyes widened as she kept glancing at her older sister, feeling something close to outrage and her hands balled up into fists. "Do I need to find out where he lives?" she responded angrily. "Do I need to hurt this man for you?!"

"No, no," the brunette mumbled as she waved her hand around. "M.J. already asked that and I told her no, too. It's not necessary; besides, he was drunk and wasn't thinking clearly. Doesn't mean I'm gonna forgive him, but still..."

Sidney relaxed a little but didn't hesitate to put her arm around Christina's shoulders to pull her into a hug. "Do I need to do anything for you?" she asked timidly. "I can make something to eat, get you something to drink..."

"No, it's okay..." Christina assured her, shaking her head lightly. "I'm fine now. I was upset earlier, but I'm okay right now. I promise. It's his fault for not shutting the fuck up about Spider-Man."

"He's still bringing that up?" Sidney retorted with a sigh, rolling her eyes. She was aware of Harry's accusations of the famous hero killing his father nearly two years prior and not even she could believe that it was true. It could have had something to do with the fact that she was a pretty big fan of Spider-Man and was always impressed with how he saved innocent people every day. Of course, she wouldn't admit that, mainly due to how many times she had heard the same thing in the past.