CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

( TW: moderate violence & graphic gore )

Six Hours Later
9:14 P.M.
Harry's POV

He stood in the main room of his penthouse, sipping from a glass of fiery bourbon as he stared at the portrait of his father hanging from the paneled wall. For a frightening reason, Harry felt patient and at ease for once after several months of being filled with complete hate for the man that took away one of the only people that seemed to even give the slightest care about him. None of his ex-friends seemed to understand how he felt, especially Christina after she had gone on her practically psychotic rant about how Norman Osborn had been a murderer that killed her mother the night he died.

She's fucking nuts, he thought to himself as he took another sip of the alcohol. She should be put in a straightjacket and thrown into a padded cell with the key tossed away.

Harry was completely unaware of how Christina was slowly but surely recovering... this time, for good.

The last time he had seen her and had attempted to apologize, she had seemed to be the closest to okay he had seen her since Margaret's death. That was until she had started yelling at him, telling him his apology was utter bullshit and kicking him out of her apartment.

Why the fuck do you think you deserve forgiveness?! That was what she had asked him that night.

He surely didn't regret telling her that she should have died the night her mother did; he felt bad for Margaret for having to raise such a pathetic excuse for a daughter. But, at the same time, he couldn't help but feel as though it were his fault that Christina had nearly taken her life after he had left. Guilt began to seep through him ever so slowly and he even had the temptation to call Christina, to apologize for real and to say that she was allowed to hate him forever if she wanted to.

She probably would anyway, and he wouldn't blame her.

Thunder crackled and boomed outside and the storm that had been predicted on the weather channel was going to arrive soon. And Harry was about to go to the balcony doors to shut them, as the curtains were billowing in the wind harshly. But something caught his eye.

Otto Octavius was standing in the doorway leading to said balcony, and his figure surrounded by the metal octopus-like arms made for a slightly creepy image. This was especially after he had been confronted by him the previous month, literally the night Christina had attempted to end her life. He was demanding that Harry give him more tritium than he had used before; that made the young Osborn extremely defensive and paranoid, since he knew what had happened the first time. He could have destroyed the building or at least a few blocks of the street.