𝐑𝐄𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟏!

hey, guys! i thought of a really fun idea the other day and that was to point out every single reference or homage to various films, tv shows, and video games i've made in this book! there may be several parts to this, so bear with me!

1. "She slowly pulled into the parking lot and glanced at her rear view mirror just in time to see the large yellow bus behind her Volkswagen stop directly in front of the building."

Section of the Book: Chapter One, Part One

Movie That is Referenced: The Ring (2002); the main character, Rachel Keller, drives a Volkswagen. The only difference is that Christina's Volkswagen is yellow while Rachel's is either navy blue or black.

2. "The blonde turned around, a little surprised at the sudden voice. But she grinned as she saw who was walking towards her. "Hey, Harry Potter!" she greeted jokingly as she hugged him.

Section of the Book: Chapter One, Part One

Movie(s)/Book(s) That are Referenced: Pretty much every Harry Potter book or film. By 2002, the first four books and the first movie already existed and the second one was still in production. I will only mention this reference once, as Christina calls Harry "Harry Potter" numerous times throughout this book.

3. "But, eventually, her boredom for the better of her, so she picked up the telephone and ordered two boxes of pizza from Joe's Pizza."

Section of the Book: Chapter Three, Part One

Movie That is Referenced: Spider-Man 2 (2004); this one is obvious.

4. "About fifteen minutes passed by and she finally pulled up to the small house on Elm Street, putting her car in park next to the sidewalk."

Section of the Book: Chapter Six, Part One

Movie(s) That are Referenced: The entire Nightmare on Elm Street franchise. I'm sure the actual filming location of Aunt May's home isn't actually on an Elm Street but I wanted to make a reference.

5. "'Where the hell were you?!' she scolded him, lightly punching his shoulder as a genuine frown fell upon her face. 'You've had me worried sick! I thought you had gotten hurt or kidnapped or... something like that!

'Christina, you're kind of hurting me,' Peter warned her jokingly, sighing a little.

'Well, I'm sorry, but what else am I supposed to do?!' Christina retorted, scoffing lightly at her friend's remark."

Section of the Book: Chapter Six, Part One

Movie That is Referenced: Scream 5 (2022); "A text? You tell me the killer is back in a TEXT?!"