CHAPTER SIXTEEN

November 30th, 200212:01 A

November 30th, 2002
12:01 A.M.
Christina's POV

The blonde stirred a little in her sleep as she groaned out of pure exhaustion, rubbing her eyes a little bit before sighing to herself. Her blue eyes strained themselves in order to open and she immediately felt an aching in her throat, which made her hand instinctively go there to see what was wrong, only for her skin to throb in agony and that made her deduce that there was a bruise there. But from what?

Christina lifted her head out of utter bewilderment as a freezing cold gust of wind hit her fragile body, making her shiver almost violently. "What the fuck...?" she mumbled weakly as she looked in front of her. She squeezed her eyes shut before opening them back up and her vision was finally clear as she stared ahead. She then tilted her head out of confusion when all she could see was near pitch black darkness, which wasn't normal for where she would usually wake up.

That was when she finally processed what she was exactly lying on as she felt the granite bars with her hands, and she used them to guide herself to her feet. Christina frantically looked around out of pure puzzlement, squinting her eyes in order to have the ability to see anything, but it was nearly impossible since it was likely way past midnight at this point. She could, however, hear the howling wind and the many cars honking their horns in the distance, which only made her perplexity rise drastically.

"Hello?!" she called out, her voice coming out in a rasp whisper, which made her clutch her throat again. The events of however long ago came back to her at that moment, and she remembered the sensation of the Green Goblin strangling her, which is likely what caused this. Nevertheless, she tried to get the attention of anybody that could be nearby.

"Is anybody there?!" she shouted, her voice not getting any stronger.

"Chris...?" came a female's voice to her right.

"Who is that?!" she said in a panic, spinning towards the source of the voice.

"Calm down, it's me," the woman said as she finally entered Christina's line of vision, which made the blonde squint her eyes.

"M.J?"

Mary Jane, clad in a variety of colors when it came to her pajamas, seemed to be just as puzzled as Christina was and it looked as though she had just woken up from a mysterious slumber. This only worried the blonde more because she was being reminded of a similar scenario with her and the redhead several months ago, and she didn't want that to be repeated.

"Do you know where we are, Chris?" M.J asked in a trembling voice as she looked around, walking a foot or two away from the blonde.

"We're at the gates of Heaven," Christina replied sarcastically as she rolled her eyes. "How should I know?"