𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻 𝑻𝑾𝑶

— Grief had taken over the young woman's life and she was left to mostly suffer through it all by herself

— Grief had taken over the young woman's life and she was left to mostly suffer through it all by herself. For the first year following her mother's death, Christina Johnson had attempted to close herself off from the ones she cared about. There would be countless nights of her waking up screaming from a nightmare, and they would always be the same scenario. The mask of the Green Goblin haunted her every single night, especially after finding out about him being her mother's murderer. She would also have many angry outbursts that would end with her either screeching hysterically of punching holes into walls.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, YOU CRAZY BITCH!" That was the sentence she would always hear from her neighbors in the middle of the night.

Sometimes, however, her nights would end with her drowning her agony and sorrows with alcohol and taking prescriptions to help her sleep it off.

Regardless of this, after seeing her parents — especially her father — were treating Christina like utter shit, the woman's little sister, Sidney, decided to temporarily move in with her to help out with her pain and to get away from her own home. And, for a while, she really did start to help Christina recover from her problems and she grew happier than she was before.

Another person that would often step in to look out for the woman was none other than Peter Parker, the man Christina had been friends with for almost her entire life.

He always ended up staying several nights with her at a time in order to make her feel safe and comforted because constant paranoia also plagued her subconscious at night. He even encouraged her to slowly wean off of the medication, or to stop taking so much at a time and only when she was supposed to.

August of 2004 rolls around, a year and nine months since Margaret Johnson's death.

Christina has seemingly gotten her life back together and she's mostly in control of herself now, and she's the happiest she's been in several months. She is still pursuing her dream career of being a social worker and she's the closest she's ever been to achieving that goal, but she still works at the Daily Bugle to make some extra cash to pay her bills from time to time. She's anticipating her little sister's twelfth birthday, and she's slightly hopeful of her future.

But then she, once again, becomes involved in horrifically dangerous antics with Spider-Man when another supervillain is created; Otto Octavius seems like a very kind scientist with a great life but, once that is ripped apart in front of Christina, Peter, and Harry Osborn, their lives become chaotic once more.

Christina Johnson's life begins to spiral out of control again and she starts to lose all faith in the future; the nightmares grow more severe and vivid, her tendency to drink her troubles away becomes much stronger than usual, and she's finding it even more difficult to keep her quickly blossoming feelings for Peter on the back burner, since she's terrified to let him in and know that she's not getting better.