CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

Seven Hours Later11:34 A

Seven Hours Later
11:34 A.M.
Christina's POV

The blonde tossed her half-eaten food away in the trash can closest to the double doors of the cafeteria, her appetite vanishing just as quickly as it had arrived. She then walked out into the hallway and leaned against the brick wall, sighing heavily and resisting the urge to place her hands over her face. The only thing that actually brought her comfort was the extremely stale air of the hospital and, although it was difficult for her to breathe at times, she felt more at ease at the moment.

Christina had been here for almost two hours and she was already becoming fed up with having to wait for news that she never wanted to receive in the first place. After what had happened to Peter the night before, she wasn't going to risk taking any chances anymore. She had considered bringing her gun in case Harry woke up and tried anything, but she had been persuaded not to. So she reluctantly listened to him and came unarmed.

She crossed her arms as she shivered from the cold air of the hallway despite that being the last thing on her mind at the moment. She felt isolated at the moment, almost as if anyone could leap out at her when she wasn't expecting it. It reminded her of that night...

Don't think about that, she reminded herself, shaking her head. You've moved past that now. He's dead and gone and he can't bother you anymore.

A shaky sigh slipped past her lips as she lowered her head and her shoulders slumped. Being here made her feel uneasy ever since that night over two years ago now and it wasn't due to grief, but paranoia instead. Remembering the image of her mother's head twisted around made her wince but it didn't sadden her as much as it did back then. At least Margaret Johnson's murderer was taken care of and had been for a long time, and that alone made her heart relax.

She remembered the confusion she had felt when Peter explained to her that Harry's own father had gotten himself killed with his own glider. That went away when he specified that the kill was supposed to be towards him, not Norman. It interested her that the infamous Green Goblin had fumbled just once throughout his atrocity and it had taken his life, but she tried to not let the subject dwell any longer.

Despite still having a nightmare once in a blue moon, Christina was healed and she finally had closure to the entire ordeal. She never had to go back to it again and she was immensely happy about that, but her main worry was now about the future and what would come soon.

What if – and the possibility was high up there – Harry never woke up and he was stuck in an eternal coma?

It would serve him right, she thought sarcastically.