CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

( minor TW: events of chapter twenty-eight mentioned a few times, mild violence )

Two Days Later
September 22nd, 2004
9:31 A.M.
Christina's POV

Christina pulled the brush through her brown strands of hair as she yawned a little bit, looking into her reflection in the vanity mirror. The candles on either side of the picture of her and Margaret were lit up and the flames were flickering gently on the wicks. She then examined how she looked, the turquoise jumpsuit she wore accentuating her facial features much better.

Humming softly to herself, she went ahead and put on her white high heels so she could get the gist of how they felt on her feet. She sensed how quiet the apartment currently was, as Sidney had left to take the bus to school a few hours prior. Unlike most days and nights, however, the silence didn't bother her as much as she would have thought; it felt nice, actually, as she had time to actually think to herself about how her day would be going.

Christina was preparing to go in for her shift at work, which she figured would mainly consist of going through files of children that were in the process of adoption. Afterwards, she would be taking the train to the station closest to where the university was so that she could have her appointment with her therapist before attending her night classes.

The brunette was the happiest she had been in so long, and the broadest grin was resting on her kind face. For the first time in nearly two years, her eyes were bright and uplifted; she was finally beginning to stop having thoughts of Margaret in bad context and in nightmares. Nowadays, whenever she would think about her mother, it was always in a good way and she hardly ever cried anymore whenever a memory appeared in her mind. It helped that her AA meetings involved people that related to her problems and she could talk to them with relative ease.

For a moment, her mind flashed back to the other night just after her and Peter's first date, and she smiled softly at the thought as her face turned red. Closing her eyes, she recalled the way his lips had felt against hers and she shivered at the memory as she longed to have another kiss like that with him again. Christina was aware that it wasn't actually her first kiss she had shared with Peter, as that had been August of two years ago when he was in his Spider-Man suit.

She had ultimately decided not to bother him too much about the topic for two reasons; she had the feeling that it would make him uncomfortable if she brought it up, and she did think that there was the slimmest chance that he wasn't Spider-Man. Don't get her wrong, she was ninety-nine percent sure he was the masked webhead that J. Jonah Jameson constantly slandered in the Daily Bugle papers, but what if he wasn't? There was just one possibility that he was just a regular New Yorker, but the brunette knew that was impossible.