ii.

It was my sister's birthday. Unfortunately, my parents were on a business trip and had to leave that day but they promised us that we will have an outing that weekend. Still, she pleaded to allow her to have a party in the house. Of course, they said yes.
      The visitors were decreasing until I was left alone in a messy living room caused by the disastrous schoolmate of ours. I was not lazy to fix the mess but it seems unfair if I will clean this all by myself, it is better to have a company. And it was not my idea.
      I looked for Merill around the grounds and noticed that she was nowhere to be found so I checked her bedroom.
      Complaining, I gripped the handle of the staircase tightly and called her name a couple of times, but no one answered me. I took a step and climbed up stairs as fast as I can until I reached her room. Breathing heavily, I knocked on her wooden door and still there was no response. Impatiently, I twist the doorknob and pushed the door open, and found a neat bed with wrapped boxes, might be presents, on it. I did not waste my time. I slammed the door closed and moved ahead to my room.
      Moving closer, an unidentified sound from a girl stopped me. That sound gave me the goosebumps.
      "Please, don't. Not now," a voice of a girl rung in my ear, my respiratory system started working unsteadily like I was going to have a heart attack any minute. That voice was hers, it was Merill's voice.
      A thought popped into my head that I shouldn't disturb them. I was about to turn around and walk away when something stopped me, I don't know what or who but I saw the door slightly opened, tempting me to peep. And temptation won.
      I pushed the door slowly, trying not to make a single sound.
      The room was dark. The moon that was visible from the window was the only source of light. But then, that light helped me to see the full detail of their actions, my two eyes can clearly see two persons on top of each other.
      I was startled by their movements. They were obviously drunk.
      They were breaking a rule and they know it, but they don't care for now. My sister just turned sixteen, she was too young. They were tempted by a horrible tempter! Or they really can't control their hormones.
      I was freezing in my heel watching them while I gawked. I didn't even yelled at them. I didn't stopped them. My nerves weren't working. The disgusting view gave me reasons to be uneasy. My feet were literally shaking. The thoughts in my head were disgusting. I was a statue with feelings, emotions and knowledge.
      An intelligent knowledge that can stop what was happening, but I didn't do anything, I just fell on my knees.
      They were really drunk. They didn't notice me there kneeling while I cry. My throat was dry. Their movements were ascending. All I want to do was get out. Until the movements stopped, then I found my urge to leave. Slowly, I shut the door close and leaned my ear on it.
      A loud hurtful moan shrieked in my ears, and I regret it. Sweat begun to trickle down my face while Merill and Harry started talking to each other.
      "If it's a girl, what name do you want for our baby?" I was hoping it wasn't Merill saying this, but I can't just snap my fingers and reveal some magic. Reality stung my eyes, it was her and I can't stop the fact that it was her.
       "Darcy," A raspy voice answered. With no doubt, I can definitely identify that voice as Harry's.
      A soft giggle responded. This was clearly ridiculous.
      "And if it's a boy, I'll name him after me," he added. His voice making me vomit and it's giving me a severe headache.
      I stopped listening, but I didn't stopped that scene even if I wanted to. The day that they thought was perfect can make their lives miserable. It was my entire fault. And I will forever blame myself.

cynthnie.x