38. Edmund

“…What is better, hot sauce gun or bread knife?” I asked Merill while she intently obserbe the hall looking for a chance to go.
      She came back inside and rummaged her things. “I don’t know, bread knife maybe or whatever gun. It depends on you,” she said, tossing her phone inside my bag.
       “Hey! What is this?” I complained, giving her phone back to her.
      “A phone!” What a smart answer.
      “I know it’s a phone, but why did you toss it in here? You can use this, you know. Hide it inside your shirt! Dummy!” I teased, as I put the bread knife on my pocket.
      “Sorry, Mr. Edmund Meyer, I’m not interested with action movies,” she answered, putting her phone somewhere inside her shirt.
      “What is it with action movies and a phone and a dumb girl?” I asked in confusion.
       “Nothing, let’s go and save Kaitlyn," she said, changing the topic.
       “Wait!” I stopped her before she opened the door, “Pray first!”
         “A boy like you is asking me to pray?” She laughed, and it’s an insult for me!
         “It's not like I'm a follower of Satan. You, guys, just think I'm bad since I'm very naughty! But deep inside I'm a good person!” I defended.
        She rolled her eyes and knelt beside me.
       She started the prayer, “Dear God, we’re here to save a good girl, a sister and a great friend. Please guide us, Lord, as we save her from harm. Don’t let anyone of us get hurt. Send us your angels to guide us. We love you, Lord, we trust in you and we worship you, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen," Merill ended the prayer while I chorus ‘Amen’ with her.
      “Let’s go?” I asked, my nerves starting to tremble.

We slowly exited the room and I climbed the stairs while Merill was under the stair waiting for my signal.
    “Hey! You!” one of the fat guards yelled.
     “Hey! Me? Oh, I’m Ed!” I teased, shooting the hot sauce directly to his eyes.
      “Fuck! It hurts!” he yelled in pain.
      “Yeah, hot right?” I said, shooting some more guards whose gun’s were pointed to me. I wonder, why can’t they shoot me?
      “Leave this place before I shoot the gun!” a bold voice of a man behind me warned.
         I turned around to face him, and he's bald and ugly.
      “People said God creations are beautiful but why are you ugly?” I teased, and realized my statement was not appropriate.
      “Not funny, Kid!” he said, gripping his gun, tightly.
      “I know, because truth can unintentionally hurt you,” I smiled, holding my hot sauce gun.
       His face went scarlet and he almost shoot me good thing I'm fast, I crawled down and one of the guards was shoot instead. That was close.
       “That’s funny!” I yelled, to hide my nervousness and I saw Merill slowly climbing the stairs.
       I run to the guy who fell down and took his gun. I’m not a killer but I’ll try for Kaitlyn. FOR KAITLYN!
       I shoot the two guys who were guarding the room. Well, I’m not a good shooter but I managed to shoot their arms and legs that caused them to fall. Yes, I am a good shooter!
       I stole both of their guns and just like Liam Hemsworth’s style. I jumped and freely shoot anyone. I looked for Merill and saw her grabbed a gun and entered the room. I followed her immediately and saw Kaitlyn lying down the floor.
       “Kaitlyn, wake up!” I said, shaking a pale, thin girl.
      “Ed?” she responded. Thank you, Lord!
       “Let’s go!” Merill said, as she helped me with Kaitlyn.
        “I can walk,” Kaitlyn said, as she balanced herself.
       We all left the room and as fast as Kaitlyn can, we walked back to the mini door where Merill and I entered.
      “Are you okay?” I asked Kaitlyn, as I help her.
       “Yes,” She smiled. “Thank you for saving me."
       I can’t manage to reply and I can’t imagine how red my face is now. I just became a hero.
      We continued to walk until we reached the mini door. I climbed first and Merill helped Kaitlyn, I offered my hand and Kaitlyn held on to it. I lifted her, she’s not heavy thou. And she successfully climbed the mini door. Phew.
        We waited for Merill when sudddenly the bad guys came running towards us.
       “Take my hand, Merill!” I yelled “Faster!”
       Merill took my hand when I saw blood stains on her foot. I looked at the bad guys and saw a woman, staring at us evilly.
       “Merill, you can do that,” Kaitlyn said, helping me with Merill.
       As soon as Merill reached the land, she stood up and saw the blood stains on her legs.
       “Merill, you're hurt,” Kaitlyn sobbed.
       “It’s alright. Let’s go!” Merill said, and we started to run.
       I held Kaitlyn's hands as I led the way while Merill is behind us following.
       “Faster, Merill, they are coming!” I yelled.
       The bad guys were very fast, if we run slowly we will be captured. I held Kaitlyn's hand tighter and pulled her with me.
      “Merill!” Kaitlyn yelled.
       I stopped to look back and saw Merill fell on the ground.
       "Run! Save yourselves! Run! Ed, run!” Merill said, as the bad guys came to get her.
      “We won’t leave you here!” Kaitlyn cried.
      “I beg you, Ed. Please run!” Merill said, before the bad guys captured her.
       I turned away from her, not wanting to see more, and continued to run when I saw a black van coming in our direction. I led Kaitlyn in to a large oak tree and we both hid there. The tall bushes helped as we were escaping from those evil guys. I helped Kaitlyn climb above the tree, and we watched Merill afar being dragged inside the building while the woman was laughing so hard, slapping and pulling Merill’s hair.
      “Ed, why did we let them take Merill?” Kaitlyn cried, leaning her head on my shoulder.
       “She's the one who told us to run and I promised her that I'll do anything that she'll tell me,” I said, tears starting to fall from my eyes. I feel bad for Merill, she became my friend too.
      “Did you know how evil that woman is? She’s a monster!” Kaitlyn said, but I can’t do anything about it now. We came here to save Kaitlyn and we did it.
       “Don’t worry, she'll be saved and it'll be over soon,” Is all I can say. 

...

cynthnie.x