36. Edmund

The sun was fully risen when we finally found the hideout of Kaitlyn's kidnappers. We were about to get closer to the building, Merill walking ahead while I follow her, when she stopped beside the nearest block.
A loud defeaning bang appeared from nowhere made me run under the tall bushes. Scared, I looked for Merill. She was also crouching to hide a few steps away from me. When she found me, she silently tood me to stay in my place. I nodded then I saw her moving to transfer to the right side of the building.
"What are you doing?" I mouthed as soon as she looked at me.
"Nothing," she said before a guy in a black attire passed by, good thing she flattened her body right away and she didn't caught the attention of the stranger. Phew!
I quitely remained in my place still looking at Merill who pushed something hollow on a wall before jumping inside and she's gone. What the hell...
I immediately run to see what's going on, then I realized it's just a mini entrance. When I looked down from the door, I saw Merill looking around. The inside of the building looked taller compared from the outside. It looks weird, I mean, is this building underground? Woah. Awesomely unique!
"Tie the rope somewhere there!" Merill said when she saw me.
I rolled my eyes-I don't like persons who keep on giving orders without saying please. But I promised Merill, so no choice. I opened my bag and took a retrieved the long rope, tied it in a metal attached to this mini door and jumped.
"Do you think they are still here?" I asked, as I stood up.
"I don't know," She answered, I'm not sure if she's paying attention to me either.
I groaned in complaint and followed her steps as she made her way to a hallway to I don't know. We walked and walked, opened some rooms and found some stock of foods and I grabbed some until I got bored.
"You know its dangerous if we'll just walk and walk around here without some weapons like guns or something we can use for self defense," I complained.
"What do you have their inside your bag?" she finally stopped, and that gave me time to take a sit on the floor. I'm tired. My legs hurt.
"Do you think there are CCTV here?" I whispered as I look around.
"I don't care if you think this is an insult, but Ed the electricity line is close here. So, no CCTV," She snapped, not a good answer though.
"I'm not stupid, Merill, or maybe you are. What if they have generator or a solar panel that can get some sunlight and change it into electricity, but if you're right-awful! Kaitlyn can't live without wifi!" I stood up immediately and faked a sobbed.
"Stop with that drama! What do you have there, now?" she repeated.
I opened my bag and one by one mentioned the things I got, "water for thirst, food for hunger, money for emergency-you gave me this. A flashlight that we used a while ago, my phone that can't detect wifi here, two bread knife-this is sharp, as what Niall said last night. Two pieces of plates for shield-Niall suggested that. More ropes that I stole from Liam's storage room, cutter-you should bring this--" I gave her the cutter "--this is awesome! And a hot sauce in a water gun. That's all I've got here!"
"I thought you brought a gun, take those bread knives out!" she ordered me again.
I grabbed the two bread knives and gave the other one to her. "Handle it with care, you might get hurt and Harry won't like that," I teased.
"Shut up, Ed. Let's go find Kaitlyn."

The tour or the 15 minutes walking marathon wasn't dangerous, but when we stepped up to the second floor, guards and guards were guarding the whole floor.
"How can we get in there?" Merill asked me, while we look at them beneath the stairs.
"If I'm alone I can easily use this ropes for support and passed by the ceiling," I said, looking at the dirty ceiling.
"And me?"
"I don't know if this is a good idea, but let's try. You can wear something similar with that suit and go inside with that room full of guards. I hope Kaitlyn's room is airconditioned." I laughed, quietly.
"Are you serious about this, Ed?" she scolded.
"Of course, isn't it obvious?" I snapped.
She did not say a thing instead she run to a room and without hesitation I followed her.
"Let's observe them first and if we can get the chance to enter that door, we will," she said, seriously as she sat on the floor.
I locked the door and sat opposite to her, "that's a long wait, Merill, what if we can't grab a chance? The plan will fail!"
"Go on, you suggest!" she said, leaning her back on the wall.
"I'll distract those dick heads and you'll enter that room and you'll save Kaitlyn," I suggested, not sure if it's a good plan.
"And you will sacrifice yourself?" she went mad. Awkward!
"Of course not. I'm going to distract them you'll untie, unlock or whatever un's, just release Kaitlyn and I'll follow you, I'll run with Kaitlyn and you'll follow us. Got it?" I smirked, I'm not good at this but I'm very flattered to think about that plan.
"Just to ask you, where did you get that plan?" she finally smiled.
"Dad and I often watch action movies alone when I was a kid," I smiled, and my body unexpectedly started to shake. I'm getting nervous!
"Then, let's go!" Merill said, tapping her hands on my shoulders.

...

cynthnie.x