14. Merill

I woke up early in the morning, very early at 2:30 AM. You know why? It's Darcy's 3rd Birthday and she's still fast asleep. I'm more excited than her.
      I rolled on my bed wondering. Its been 2 months since I last saw Harry. Our last talk was in the hospital, he was asking about Darcy but of course I told him that Darcy doesn’t exist.
      While Ian is still thinking about Selena who's now in Australia, and Ian's niece and nephew, Elaiza and Edmund are now staying in the house. Ian explained what happened to them. Unfortunately, it's a sad story. Anyway Darcy like Edmund, her new playmate. It's better to give Darcy a playmate because she's not bothering me about her father anymore.
      By the way Edmund introduced his crush, Kaitlyn, to us. She's always here to play with Darcy.
      Maybe it's time to get ready. I stood up, fixed myself and went out the room. I hurriedly walked to the backyard and there, I saw Elisha with her friends arranging the place. I couldn't clearly see what they're doing because it was still dark.
      “Mims,” Elisha called. “I want to show you something later.”
      As a reply and smiled.
      After observing them I went straight to the kitchen. I opened the door and saw Elaiza and Mom busy slicing, mixing and cooking foods for the celebration.
      “Good morning,” I greeted.
      “Good morning, Darling. Are you hungry? I’ll give you—” Mom said, but I stopped her
      “No, Mom. I’m still good, have you seen Ian?” I asked.
      “He was the one who woke me up,” Elaiza replied. “Maybe in his room,”
      “Thank you, Lai.” I said. “Mom, can you please make some pancakes for Darcy? I’ll leave early for the fashion house.”
      “Of course,” Mom nodded and I climbed up stairs to Ian’s room.
      When I was outside, I heard noises. Confused, I pressed my ears to the door and heard Edmund and Ian talking.
      “Pikachu,”
      “Listen, you can’t go to be without a cup of tea,”
      “No! It must be this way. Baby you light up like nobody else!”
      “That’s funny! C’mon pretend to be Kaitlyn!”
      “Okay, here.”
      “That’s great!”
      “You are disgusting! I hate your eyes! Even your mouth! You are ugly, freak!”
      I laughed softly at their conversation. They are funny, indeed.
      I slowly opened the door and peep. There’s no good view inside, except Edmund who is kneeling and doing some weird actions.
      “My dear, Kaitlyn, be my girl and I’ll treat you like a prin—” Edmund stopped, he noticed my arrival. “Oh, man! I’m practicing here!” He complained.
      I smiled at him and sat on Ian’s bed.
      “You just interrupted me and you’re still smiling?” He angrily said.
      I laughed. “Where’s, Ian?”
      “In the bathroom,” He said, pointing the door of the bathroom. “Ian!”
      “I’m here!”
      The door opened and I saw Ian—no, a gay Ian. He’s wearing a floral strapless dress together with a red cigarette heels and he’s wearing makeup.
      “Mims, we’re just playing!” He yelled, shocked when he saw me.
      “No, I understand if you’re a gay," I teased.
      “No! I’m not! I’m just playing stuff like this! But I’m a boy, a man not a gay!” He explained.
      “You look great,” Edmund commented, looking at his Uncle.
      “Ian, honestly, that look is sexy.” I added, grimacing for more disgusting effect.
      “I’ll change!” He said, and went in to his bathroom again.
      We laughed while he slammed the door. I waited inside, sitting on the bed while looking at Ian’s phone. His wallpaper seems odd, a picture of Barbie surrounded with hearts. I now doubt.
      “You know Harry Styles, right?” Edmund asked.
      I looked at him awkwardly. Why is he asking stuff about him?
      “Yes,” I answered, facing him.
      “Nothing,” He sighed. “I just remembered Kaitlyn asking me about you and Harry, and how you got Darcy. Of course, I told her the exact and proper answer in that question, you better not ask what, it’s awful, she also asked me something, like whose Darcy’s father. But I don’t have an answer, so I told her: The man she had sex with that night, sorry for that, but thanks to you, because Kaitlyn is always here to visit,” He explained, with no pause. He’s a naughty boy.
       But why did Kaitlyn asked something about me, Harry and Darcy? Maybe she’s just curious. Stop thinking about it, Merill, it’s no good.
      “What’s up?” Ian appeared, wearing his normal clothing: the usual plaid polo and a pair of jeans.
      “Yan, I’m going to the fashion house. Elisha is busy arranging the venue, Elaiza is in the kitchen helping mom. And you are assigned to take care of Darcy,” I said, and he smiled. “I’ll be back to fix Darcy.”
       But how can a kid ask about that?

      When I arrived in the fashion house, Elisha is already there. She’s so fast. I opened the door to my office and found her fixing a manikin covered with white cloth.
      “Hi,” I said, catching her attention.
      She looked at me with a wide happy smile and dragged me in front of the manikin.
      “What?” I looked at her, perplexed.
      She just winked and held the two corners of the cloth. She pulled it and a shining shimmering cute pink dress was revealed. It looks very familiar.
      “This is for Darcy!” She stated.
      My eyes grew wide when I realized it was my design.  I threw it when Annika once visited the fashion house.
       “What will I do without you?” I cried and gave her a big hug.
       She let a chuckle escaped from her lips and we pulled away. “Take this as our birthday gift to Darcy.”
      “You don’t know how happy I am. How’d you find this by the way?” I asked, examining the dress, touching the cloth and watching its perfection.
      “I saw the design under your table when Ian and I fixed your office. It’s a brilliant dress," She commented.
      Elisha and I both left the fashion house but we part ways. I went to the mall bringing the dress while she went ahead home. I want to buy something for my little Princess.
       I went to the toy store and as I entered, a Harry Styles doll immediately appeared in my vision. Asking myself if I should by this for Darcy, I mentally spank myself and went ahead to fine another toy for her. I can’t let her remember her father.
      If we crawl, till we can walk again
      Then we’ll run, until we’re strong enough to jump
      Realizing that it’s my ring tone for Ian, I immediately grabbed my phone from my pocket and answered it.
      “Hello, Mr. Highmore”
      “Mims, can you do me a favor?”
      “What is it?”
      “Can you buy Darcy a pair of jeans and shoes, a bag and a blouse?”
      “Hey! That’s too many! I can’t afford it!”
      “I’ll pay you, promise!”
      “What is it for?”
      “A birthday gift for my little angel, of course.”
      “Alright, fine!”
      I ended the call and went to buy the things Ian told me in the department store. I looked at my watch and checked the time, 6:28. In 2 hours and 32 minutes the party will start. I need to rush!
      I didn’t have the time to take this any longer, so I just picked something that fits her style: A pair of pink colored jeans, a long sleeve shirt, a pair of glowing rubber shoes and a cute little pink back pack. That really cost me a lot of bucks. Ian should pay me!
      I bought my own gift for her too: a pair of sandals that she can wear together with the dress and accessories
      I called a cab and went home.  I rushed in to Darcy’s room where I saw her together with Ian playing her dolls and toys.
      “Pay me!” I whispered to Ian, giving him the shopping bag.
      “I’ll pay, don’t worry!” He whispered back, leaving the room.
      I lifted Darcy as soon as he was gone. “Are you ready for your birthday?” I asked.
      She nodded with a smile, her dimples showing.
     “Look, Aunt Elisha made you a dress and I bought a sandal and accessories for you. Do you like it?”
     She nodded again, looking at the things I just bought.
     I gave Darcy a bath and dressed her with the dress. She liked it very much that she can’t stop looking at mirror. She looks very pretty wearing it. She’s like a princess.

...

cynthnie.x