15. Merill

Reggie?
      "What is he doing here?" Elisha asked, in an obvious curious manner.
      I stood up together with Ian and walked towards Selena and Reggie.
      "Hey, guys" Selena greeted with a smile while Reggie just stayed on his place trying to look okay.
      "Why are you with Reggie?" Ian asked in a jealous tone.
      "You know him? What a coincidence! My boyfriend, we met in Australia" She stated. "Mims, I have something for Darcy. Hoping she'll like it!" she added while handing me a box.
       "Of course, Selena, you should join us, do you want some foods?" I managed to ask, avoiding the hard looks from Reggie.
      “No need, Mims, we won’t take that long” Selena said.
      "Oh right! Good bye and take care" Ian stuttered. Oh, Ian. You're so obvious.
      Selena smiled and kneeled to Darcy, "So, Aunt Selena will go now Darcy! Happy Birthday once again! See you next time, Darling" she finished her sentence and exited the party with Reggie, without looking back at Ian.
      She's not over him. Very obvious.
      We went back to our table and continued the party.
      "Who was that girl?" Elaiza asked.
      "Selena," Ian muttered, adverting his gaze to us. 
      The party ended well at 3 pm. Before Kaitlyn left, I heard Ian and her talking in the balcony. I tried to eavesdrop but Darcy was so excited to open her presents.
      Darcy went straight to her room and opened some of her gifts. A head band, set of toys, dolls, coloring books and a puzzle. Darcy was so happy with those gifts that she almost forgot to open Kaitlyn's present that was a locket, I can’t be open because it needs a key, and a bracelet with “Darcy S.” written on it. Weird. I think it was very expensive.
      Darcy let me read the cards, I read it one by one when I was disturbed by Darcy’s annoying squeal. I stopped her and found out she was holding Kaitlyn’s card.
      “Okay, I’m reading it, Darcy, relax! Happy Birthday, Darcy, from Kaitlyn and One Direction” I read the card.
      Is she related to One Direction?
      The door suddenly swung open, revealing Ian with a big grin plastered all over his smug face.
      He rushed to Darcy while holding a messy wrapped box. Typical Ian, "I have something for you, Darcy" he said, giving Darcy the present.
      Darcy opened it and took the things I bought for Ian's present to her. Together with it is a lengthwise hard paper with a BIG logo of One Direction.
      "What's that?" I asked, anxiously.
      "CONSEWRT TICKWETS!" Darcy exclaimed triumphantly.
      Concert tickets of?
      "WAN DIWEKSYON!" Darcy cried giving Ian a big hug.
      What the— "Ian, can you explain this to me?"
      I grabbed his hand and we went to my room.
      I crossed my arms across my chest, giving him a scowl, "What is this?"
      He tried to look like he has no idea, “The what?”
      I rolled my eyes, “The ticket, specifically the concert ticket!”
      “That one? Just a gift!"
      “Ian, do you have any idea what you’re doing? You are giving me freaking problems!”
      “Mims, it’s just a concert," he trailed off, seeing the way I look at him.
      “Of One Direction!” I snapped.
      He shrugged, “What’s wrong with it? What’s wrong with you?”
      “Can you hear yourself, Ian? Did you just forget what happened 2 months ago?” I questioned, “Did you remember that Harry talked to me in the hospital and asked me who Darcy is?”
      “Merill, don’t be too hard to Darcy. She’s just a child seeking for love from her father!”
      “Yes, Ian, she’s just a child, I know! But don't tell me what I should do, because I know what’s best for Darcy, I know what’s good for her, she’s my daughter and I’m her mother!”
      “You are so selfish, Merill, you’re not thinking about Darcy. You’re thinking about yourself. You still have feelings to Harry!” he started to cry, “I’m tired of seeing Darcy seeking for a father, I’m tired, Merill!”
      I waved my hand abruptly, “You’re tired, Ian? Well, I don’t care. You better go!”
       He scoffed, earning another hard glare from me, “You can’t see how happy Darcy is, you can’t!”
      “You just stated it, Ian! Did you know that I’m also tired of all of this shit? Of all of this crap? Fuck you, Ian but I’m tired of loving Harry! I’m tired of loving him! I’m so fucking tired, Ian!” I literally yelled at him. I'm so tired of all this crap.
      “See you just proved to me that you are a selfish mother! Darcy needs a father, Merill, she needs Harry! You should tell him at early as this before everything gets worse!” he yelled back.
      I threw my hands up in frustration, “Can’t you understand it? It’s not the right time!”
      “Then when? When Darcy becomes a spoiled teen, when everything in Darcy’s world will be nothing! Merill, Darcy needs Harry now!” he argued back without hesitation.
      “No, no, no, Ian! I will not allow Darcy to be in that stupid concert!”
      “Shut up, Merill! Shut the fuck up! I’m bringing Darcy in the concert whether you like it or not!”
       “Okay then, Ian, bring her in the concert! I won’t argue back!” I gave up, “Go and manage my problems! I won’t stop you, because I’m tired of this! You don’t know how hard it is to be the mother of Harry Styles' daughter! You don’t know!”
      He sighed and slammed the door angrily. The stomping of his feet is still visible and I can feel how angry he is to me. What have I done?

...

cynthnie.x