17. Ian

• Dedicated to Fritz Anasca

This—is—not—a—condition! This is temptation!
      “And I’ll marry you”
      She—is—not—serious! She'll marry me? I’m dreaming, am I?
      If yes, I'll marry the girl I love but she won’t love me back, but I know she’ll learn to love me. What about Darcy? I’m not selfish! You are not selfish, Ian! Is she blackmailing me?
      "Ian?"
      Ian, say no!
      "Ian,"
      I love you, Merill, but I’m sorry.
      "Yes," the words slipped out from my mouth.
      Merill smiled happily and rushed to her room without any reason. Wait, why did she smile?
      Wait,
      I didn’t say yes, did I? –no you didn’t. Yes you did, Ian!

Edmund, Darcy, Merill and I are on our way to the O2 Arena. Darcy was too excited for the concert. She kept on mentioning stuffs that are out of this world. Merill and I were so silent when we arrived, after all what happened earlier, it seems so awkward.
      The arena was filled with random and deafening noises because of the crowd. Good thing Kaitlyn was there to lead us inside.
      "So, I'm leaving now. See you later and enjoy!" she stated before leaving.
     Kaitlyn put us in VIP seats in the very 1st row. Darcy was seated between me and JB, while Merill was beside me.
      "Want something to eat? I'll buy," Edmund asked, breaking the silence.
      "Just buy anything you want. Come back before the concert starts" I gave him 100 bucks and watched him leave.
      "Why is Cynthnie here by the way?" Merill asked.
      "She's the youngest sister of Liam Payne," I answered, managing myself to act a little less awkward.
       Her eyes widened, “You mean, she knew this, specifically Darcy and Me?”
       "Yeah,"
       "Why didn't you tell me, Ian?"
       I chuckled at her reaction, "Why should I?"  
       "You’re unbelievable!"
       “Very clever, Merill,” I looked at the chair where Darcy was sitting maybe a while ago because it’s now unoccupied.
      "Where is she?" Merill asked worriedly.
      My heart pounded rapidly because of how I was 'mentally maladjusted' by the situation, “she was beside me a while ago”
      Merill looked at me uneasily, “Ian, I’ll kill you if something happened to her! Let’s find her!"
      “You better stay here, Merill, maybe she’s just with Edmund. I’ll go find her alone and kill me later”
       I left Merill alone and went to find Darcy, but there's no sign of her. The concert will start in a few minutes, I should find her! She must see her father!

...

cynthnie.x