13. Merill

“Mims, you have some visitor,” Ian smiled at me and left before I ask who it was.
      Slowly, I went downstairs and saw a figure of a woman, her back at me while waiting in the couch. She’s talking with Darcy while Elisha and my mother are peeping at the door of the kitchen. I calmed myself and approached her.
      “Good morning,” I greeted, clearing my throat and to get her attention.
      The woman finally faced me, Anne, Harry’s mother.
      “Merill,” She said softly, standing up and offering a hug.
      “What brings you here, Anne?” I asked, after the hug.
      Fortunately, Elisha carried Darcy to the kitchen and asked us if we want to have some snacks. Anne hesitated because our talk won’t take that long. So, I decided to offer her some coffee and she finally agreed.
      “I want to tell you something, Darling,” She calmly said, her voice soft as an angel.
      “Okay, Anne,”
      “Can you please visit Harry in the hospital,” She stated, holding my hand asking me to say yes.
      Visit Harry in the hospital? Is she out of her mind? She knows that I’m an ex-girlfriend and it will be an issue if I’ll go there. People will make stories and false NEWS, and her son’s fiancé just died.
     Harry is now awake. That’s a good thing.
      “I’m sorry, Anne, but why?” I asked, bewildered about everything that is happening in this chaotic world. “Is Harry okay? Is there something wrong with him?”
      She shook her head lightly. “No, he’s doing fine actually. He just wants to talk to you, Merill.”
      “I don’t understand,”
      “Even I, his mother, don’t have any idea. But he really wants to talk to you, he begged for this.” She said, pleadingly.
      Am I going to agree with Anne? What if Annika mentioned something about Darcy? Or he wants to talk to blame me? What if someone told him that I have a daughter? What will I do? One thing, know it, but how? Talk to him.
       I nodded, “Please wait, I’ll just prepare myself.”
       I ran to my room, opened my closet and wore something I’m used to: an artwork shirt, skinny jeans and my favorite pair of Converse. I combed my hair, tied it in a neat pony-tail and begged good bye to Darcy before we left.

      Anne and I arrived in the hospital not less than 20 minutes. The police surrounded us protectively so that the paparazzi cannot take some pictures. We went in Harry’s room peacefully and when we entered, five lads greeted us.
      “Hey, Mims,” A blonde haired boy that have a thick accent approached me. With no doubt, his name is Niall Horan.
      “Hi,” I raised an eyebrow at him. “How’d you know my name?”
      “Let’s just say, you are a good topic to talk about,” He smirked.
      I looked at him anxiously. I don’t have any idea what he’s talking about.
      “We better get some snacks to eat, Mates. My stomach is growling,” A bald boy interrupted, but for a bald man he looks handsome. He was obviously more mature than the others, Liam Payne.
       They gave me their good bye and made their way to the door.
      “She’s better than Annika,” The lad with a dirty brown hair said before closing the door.
      “What do you want to talk about, Styles?” I asked, trying to be confident.
      He just smiled, “How are you?”
      “I’m doing well,” I answered, keeping my eyes locked on his. I can clearly see his pupil and the emerald coating of his eyeball.
      “That’s nice to hear, you still look pretty though,” He winked, making me blush a little.
      This is Annika’s fiancé. He looks so happy about the accident. He doesn’t care about his dead girlfriend. His demonic look is showing, and I hate it.
      He straightened his back and started the topic. “I want to tell, at the same time, ask you something.”
      “What?”
      “Before Annika died,” This is what I hate the most. “She mentioned something, a name of a girl.” He said, trying to remember the name. Hoping he won’t.
       I chuckled, nervously, pretending that I’ve got no idea. “Harry, what are you trying to tell me? What are we talking about?”
       “About a name of a girl,” He simply answered.
       “I’m serious, Harry Styles,”
       “I am also serious.”
       “If that so, what are you trying to state?”
       “Do you have a child?” His tone is flat, and that scares me a lot.
       “What kind of question is that, Harry?”
       “Just answer it,” He's trying to be calm.
       “Why would I?”
       “Did something happen before we split up?”
       “Are you insane?” I almost yelled.
       “Do we have a child, Merill?” He repeated. “Who’s Darcy?”

...

cynthnie.x