02. Merill

"Me too," I rolled my eyes. I moved aside to let him in and when Darcy saw him they eventually run to each other.
      I watched them giving each other a bone cracking hug. Well, I admit, I missed Ian. He was gone for two months to have some business trip somewhere in New York, but I don't believe him, we've been best friends since we were kids and he doesn't have any interest for business. I guess he was on a flirty trip.
      I made my way to them. Ian looked at me happily like silently telling me that he's enjoying the time with his goddaughter, Darcy, who is now sitting on his lap showing him her new toys and Ian kept on telling Darcy how beautiful she is.
      "You really look like--" he looked at me teasingly but before he can end his sentence, I punched his arm. "You really look like your mother, Darcy," he winced.
      "Wat bawt my Daddy?" Darcy asked. Ian and I looked at each other surprised. I shot him an evil look, that's more of a warn, and made my way outside the room.
      I shut the door behind me and leaned my ear on it, eavesdropping. I waited for a few seconds before a sound came out, a sigh. Ian must be thinking the right words how to tell Darcy an explanation that Darcy must understand.
      "Darcy, listen, you and your father are so identical," Ian begun, slowly and calmly, "Your eyes, nose, lips, dimples, hair and everything"
      My eyes started to sting, the fact that Ian is right broke me but I didn't let my emotion win this time. I listened again.
      "You're like him, a girl version of him may do," I heard Darcy giggled. "You know, Darcy, your father didn't mean to leave you. If he just knew that you existed, he'll be here cuddling you instead of me."
      My sadness was replaced with anger when Ian stated the 'exist' word. I immediately opened the door and saw Darcy leaning her head on Ian's chest, asleep, and Ian leaning his back on the bed's header. I started to cry, not because I'm emotional but because he was right, if Harry just knew Darcy it will be him cuddling her there but he does not and he won't. He have Annika, Annika have him, they can make many more daughters and sons in the future and forget all about me and the name Darcy will be just a trash for him.
      "Stop crying," Ian mouthed. I nodded but I didn't stop, I can't stop.
      I joined the two of them and leaned my head on Ian's shoulder. I rubbed Darcy's back smoothly as she sleep soundly into Ian, "you don't need to know the name of your father, Darcy. He will be always in your heart. I promise."
      "If you'll see someone and thought that he is your father. I'm sure he is the one," Ian added and looked at me for some agreement.
      "Thank you, Yan," I whispered. I looked into his grey happy eyes and smiled, I missed those eyes but I miss the emerald one most.
      "Anything for you, Mims" he cupped my face playfully, "I heard, you and Annika had an encounter, what happened?" he started to asked.
      I left his stare and focused on Darcy. I don't want to answer that question again, I don't want to remember it either. It was painful and I don't want to reminiscence one of the worst day of my life.
      "Please stop asking me about that, Yan. Let's move on and never talk about it again. I want to forget about everything," I said. Ian might feel the pain in my heart that he stopped talking and started stroking my hair.
      "Mommy," Darcy stretched out her arms and faced me yawning, "wat awr you doing in Uncle Ian's showlder?" she asked frowning.
      "Gosh, Darcy, she's raping me!" Ian teased. I pinched his sides, telling him to stop and he groaned.
      "Mommy, I want to gow to the fark" she begged, showing me her cute adorable face that's telling me not to say no.
      "Of course," I smiled, giving her a kiss, "go and ask permission to Grandma. You'll find her in the kitchen."
      She clapped her hands happily and made her way outside, running. I stood up uneasily and looked at Ian who is very exhausted. I forgot, he should not be here but he chose to be here for Darcy. He should be resting in his bunk, having fun with his girls but he chose to stay here to help me with Darcy. Well, I love how Ian cares for us and how Ian loves us.
      "You better stay here and rest, Yan," I suggested but he seems to disagree.
      "Rest is not in my vocabulary, Mims, you know that!" he insisted, "Being with Darcy gives me energy, so don't worry about me. I can handle my laziness just to be with the two of you."
      "That's sweet but I don't appreciate it," I snapped, and left him lying down the bed.

      The dim light didn't stopped Ian and Darcy's bonding time. Watching them doing random pranks to other people and playing hide and seek just made my day beautiful. There smiles, laughs and giggles also made me smile even just for a second, I may not be joining them but I can feel they're happiness from afar.
      I took my change from the vendor and sat on a bench, not too far away from them, and took a soft bite from my cotton candy. Darcy's eyes spotted me and because she loves sweets, she immediately run to me and asked for some. She sat beside me, enjoying the cotton candy in her hand.
      "That naughty girl needs a playmate, Mims!" Ian sat beside me, wiping his own sweat by his bare hands.
      "She have you, Yan," I smiled, looking at him teasingly. He's obviously exhausted, well not my fault, I didn't asked him to go with us in the park. He was the one who insisted.
      "Gosh, Mims," he scowled, "I'm too old for your daughter!"
      "Age doesn't matter, Yan, chill!" I teased, which made him more pissed. I love seeing him that way, he's cute with that angry face.
      "Whatever, Merill Hemsworth, but I have a nephew back when I was in Bradford. He is three years old and he can surely be a friend of Darcy's." He said, remembering the memories when he was in Bradford.
      I grinned, "That's a good idea, Yan!"
      "I know, and because you've got lots of stressing moments here in the city of London, we should and must have fun, maybe for a few days or weeks," he suggested excitedly with full of hope and happiness.
      "I'm going to think about it," I shifted my gaze to Darcy, who took the last bite from her cotton candy before she smiled at me, "but I think it's going to be great if we'll have some vacation."
      I wiped Darcy's little hands and the smear on her face and gave her the bottle of water we brought. She went back to play in a slide near our bench, saying hi to some of her friends and greeting the strangers who are passing by her. I watched her playing happily in the park while Ian is describing his ideal blonde wife, when a song played that made us all froze.
      You're insecure,
      Don't know what for,
      You're turning head
      When you walk thru the door,
      As I'm currently dreaming, Ian elbowed me telling me to look at Darcy who is dancing happily with the beat of the song. I smiled awkwardly at her and that's the time that Ian laughed foolishly.
      "She have a good taste in music, not like her mother," Ian teased.
      "Stop teasing me, you still owe me something," I scowled, my eyes not leaving Darcy.
       "I don't remember doing something bad," he complained. "Did I?"
      "Yes you did, Ian Highmore, the one you told Darcy. You gave me a heart attack that time. Good thing I'm outside. And one more, it won't leave her mind," I said making my voice calm. I don't want to feel Ian guilty but I'm right, it won't leave Darcy's mind, especially when it's all about her father.
      "Darcy is not getting younger. I think I did the right thing, giving her some clues about her father. It's better than she knows nothing and it's better than lying to her."

      I watched Ian stroking Darcy's hair carefully from the terrace. I just wished he was Harry, but he loves us more, he cares for us and he doesn't leave people behind. But what's weird about him is, he still doesn't have a girlfriend. He's handsome, cute, gentle, loving and annoying but he didn't even dare had a serious date after I got pregnant.
      "What are you thinking?" he interrupted.
      "You," I said 

...

cynthnie.x