26. Ian

"DADDY..."
      I hurriedly went up from bed and saw Darcy crying hard.
      "Darcy, stop crying," I comforted her but it makes her cry harder.
      I lifted her, skipped down stairs and went to the kitchen.
      "Where's Merill?" I asked.
      "She woke up early and went to the fashion house," Elisha answered.
      I took some cookies on the counter and made some milk for her. I fed her but she lost her appetite.
      I tried to call Harry but he's not answering, so I left a voice mail. "Harry, this is Ian. If you have some time please visit Darcy. I'm so worried! She really needs you now, Styles! Hope you understand."
      Merill knew what I did as soon as she went home, she became angry at me. She didn't allow me, Kaitlyn, Edmund and even Elaiza to talk to Darcy. She's so harsh!
      We only have the chance to talk to her when she's not around. But she's always with Darcy wherever she goes. Finally, Harry received my voice mail. He went here with Kaitlyn but, unfortunately, Merill was here to ruin the about-to-be father and daughter moment.
      "Merill, let us in! Let's talk! Let me talk to Darcy!" Harry begged.
      "NO! YOU'RE NOT GOING TO TALK TO HER OR TO ANYBODY IN THIS HOUSE!" Merill yelled.
      "Please, Merill," Kaitlyn added.
      "SHUT UP! YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO TALK TO HER! OUT!" Merill sent them out. "I SAID, OUT!"
      See, Merill's really in her dragon mode! She even warned me; "IF I SEE THOSE PEOPLE IN THIS HOUSE I'LL TAKE DARCY AWAY FROM ALL OF YOU!" I don't have choice but to follow her. It's better than taking Darcy away from us.
      It's been days since I last talked to Darcy. Two days exactly. Harry was always asking me if Darcy is okay, and I'm just like, "I hope so, Harry," and he's like "I'm so worried here."
      Yeah! You should be worried! She's your daughter after all.
      'Can't believe you're packing your bags
      Trying so hard not to cry...'
      It's my ringtone for Harry again! IS THIS GUY IN LOVE WITH ME? GOSH!
      "Ian, sorry if I didn't call yesterday. I was busy," he started.
      "It's alright."
      "How is she?"
      "Not good,"
      "Why?"
      "She's crying all day, all night! While Merill..." I laughed.
      "What?"
      "Merill is becoming an angry granny, if you know what I mean,"
      "What do you mean?"
      "You're too slow, Styles! What I mean is, she always gets angry in everything! That's the reason why Elaiza and Edmund went back to their father. They are sick of Merill's funny warnings. Especially Edmund, that she thought he's helping Kaitlyn and you," I laughed again.
      "What's funny?"
      "Nothing,"
      "Harry! ITS POSITIVE!" I heard Kaitlyn yelling in the background.
      "Excuse me, bro! I'll call later!" Harry said and ended the call.
      I went out from my room and...
      "WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA"
     "SPONGE-BOB SQUARE-PANTS!"
     That's Darcy's voice. I crept into her room and saw her watching TV.
     "Darcy?" I called her.
     "Hewy, Unkewl Eeyan!"
     "Where'smommy?" just making sure.
     "Wowrk!"
     Finally, I walked in her room, sat on her bed and felt something papery. I stood up again and found a sticky note.
      "Sis, I'll be back after two. Please take care of Darcy and don't let Ian talk to her. Love, Merill."
      CRUEL! Anyway, this is easy peasy. Well, Elisha jusr had a crush on me once, because she admired my blue eyes. I can always make my charm work. You're so weak, Merill! Insert evil laugh.
      I checked the time and it's quarter to ten.
      "Want to see your Daddy?" I asked Darcy.
      "OF COWSE!" she cried.
      "Great! Go change and we are going to have a lunch in a restaurant."
      Darcy rushed to her drawer and took some clothes, I called Harry twice but he's not answering it. So, I left a voice mail again.
      "Hey, Styles! Good news! I'm bringing Darcy to the restaurant, where you and Merill had you're first, second, third, so on... date in the 'Dawn's Café'. Merill is not around so I grabbed the opportunity! Hope you'll come and you must. Tell me as soon as you receive this."
      I changed Darcy's clothes, no time for bath, and combed her hair. I carried Darcy and went down stairs, slowly.
      I opened the front door when... "Where do you think you're going?" Elisha blocked our way.
      "Bringing Darcy to the... mall?" I lied.
      "I won't allow you!"
      "You're really are alike! I'll just entertain Darcy!" It's not a lie!
      "What will you do to the mall?"
      "Shopping and play! Wait... I forgot something," I paused, "and eat! Is not that bad right?"
      "Do you want Merill to kill me, Ian?"
     "Ye-of course not! Just keep this as a secret and everything will be alright."
      I started to use one of my charm by biting down my lower lip.
      I swear I saw her trying to avoid eye contact. "I'm warning you!"
      And then, I pulled my hair back, smirking. "C'mon! Don't be grumpy!"
     "Ian!" she scowled.
     "Stop doing that! You look like an alien!" I joked.
     "I'll let you grab the chance today, Ian! Be back before 2!"
     "Fine! Thank you!"
     "I'm warning you!"
     Darcy and I left the house and I called a cab.
     "We're free!" I cried.
     Darcy giggled.
     The cab arrived and we both entered in the cab and I instructed the driver where to go.
      'Can't believe you're packing your bags
      Trying so hard not to cry...'
      "Hello?"
      "Ian, how's Darcy?"
      "Oh, she's with me!"
      "DADDY!" yelled Darcy.
      "Can I talk to her?" asked Harry.
      I gave Darcy the phone and set it to loud speak.
      "DADDY!"
      "Hey, Darcy. How are you?"
      "Daddy, teyk me howme, pwease."
      "Why?"
      "Mommy, doewsn't love me anymowre."
      "Of course not. She loves you very much."
      "Teyk me away fwam heir, pwease!"
      "Why?"
      "I hayte Mommy!"
      I think Harry was so upset that he didn't answer Darcy. I can't blame him for being upset and of course I can't blame Darcy from hating her mother, she's just a child.
      "Darcy, can I borrow it for a second?" I interrupted and grabbed the phone.
      "Styles,"
      "Ian, what happened to Darcy? Did Merill hurt her? Tell me,"
      "Styles, Merill don't physically hurt a person. But maybe emotionally or... mentally?"
      "I know, right? Just making sure,"
      "C'mon, Styles! You've been with Merill for-"
      "Don't bring back time, Ian,"
      "Okay, I'm just joking! So, you're coming in that antic restaurant?"
      "Yes, I will,"
      "Great! Before you're with your girl-friend now with your..." I paused. "daughter," I whispered.
      "What?"
      "Oh, nothing! We'll wait there till 11:30."
      "Sure."
      "I'm so excited to go back to that restaurant!"
      "Err, Ian? Do you mind if I end this call?"
      "Oh, yeah! Sorry. Bye!"

      We arrived in the 'Dawn's Café' and ordered two milk shakes. We sat beside the entrance door, where Merill and Harry used to sit when they're having a date, I'm such a stalker! It was boring so, I decided to tell Darcy some stories about Harill, Harry plus Merill.
      "...Harry, I love you!"
      "I love you too, Merill..."
      "And they kissed."
      Impersonating Merill's voice was kinda hard. But Darcy enjoyed!
     "Dow it agawne!" Darcy ordered.
     "Let me pee first, please!" I complained.
     "Yowre gowing to weave me?" Darcy sobbed.
     "Of course not," C'mon Darcy! It's going out! "I will not be that long, excuse me."
      I rushed to the men's bathroom and... Wew! That was close!

...

cynthnie.x