00.

The bell rung for dismissal, and we all said good bye to our professor.
      As soon as I left the classroom, I spotted Merill walking alone. Instantly, I ran to her and joined her. A pretty good habit of mine.
     The conversation between us was pretty awkward. I was telling her things about the girl I admire and Merill was obviously not listening, she didn't even respond when I nudged her elbows. I decided to bring her to the football field to get some air while we wait for Selena.
     "Hey, guys," Selena greeted us cheerfully as she can be. 
     "Thank you for coming, Sel," I gave her a wink and offered her a seat beside me.
     "My pleasure, Ian," She sat. "What happened to Merill?" she asked, whispering in my ear.
     I looked at Merill worriedly, her blonde hair that was dancing with the air was pretty messy and her dazzling blue eyes that sometimes turn to emerald were horribly sad.
     I sighed before answering. "I don't know, but she's a little problematic."
     Selena made a comforting smile and moved beside Merill, "Hello, Merill."
     Merill forced a smile and both of the girls started talking about girl things that us boys cannot relate.
     Their conversarion went well and as time goes by I was already feeling a bit out of place.
     "I heard Ha—"
     Merill eventually stood up, rubbing her temples. "I'm sorry, guys, but I really need to go. I'll meet you in the cafeteria," she said, and made her way back to the building.
     We watched her running, Selena and I looked at each other and shared weird gazes, that no one will understand except us, that only meant one thing: what is wrong with Merill, our friend?
     We made our way to the cafeteria, ordered some snacks and went to our favorite table.
     For some entertainment, Selena and I played truth or dare. It was terribly fun since I love doing the dares and her dares were really crazy.
     The wait between us stopped when we realized it was nearly an hour but still Merill wasn't here. I am very impatient when it comes to waiting girls, and I don't accept invalid reasons because of their tardiness.
     "Can you call Merill for me, Sel?" I asked Selena.
     Before she can answer, she reached out her bag and grabbed her phone. The beeping gave me an idea that she was dialing Merill's number.
     As we waited for Merill to answer her phone, my eyes looked around the cafeteria and found an inappropriate scene. I was about to fire that table with my cheeseburger but I closed my eyes, I thought I was hallucinating, but then I was right.
     "Is there something wrong, Ian?" Selena tried to distract me but it was no good because that was not good. I did not bother answering Selena's question, I just pretended I didn't heard it and continued gawking, still looking at them.
     "Who are you staring at?" Selena blocked the view, trying to look where I was looking, I heard her gasped and she threw her phone back to her bag, "What the fuck?" she clasped her hand over her mouth and walked towards them, leaving her bag. "This isn't right!" she yelled.
     I was the one who grabbed her bag and followed her, planning to stop her, but she was already there yelling in front of their faces.
     "What is this?" Selena yelled un-respectively.
     "Hey, mates," Harry greeted, his demon face made my temper rose and my patience die.
     "Don't call me mate, Harry!" I grabbed his polo, ready to punch him.
     "Relax, Ian, we're just talking," he defended, but I couldn't stop myself any longer, I punched him.
     "You're talking while holding Annika's hand? And how lucky she is to be fed by Harry Styles," with no doubt, Selena spilled the soda on Annika. It took everyone's attention and we will be working all day tomorrow in the Comfort Room because of detention, for sure.
     "What's wrong with you, bitch?" Annika yelled back, slapping Selena hard on the face.
     "How dare you call me a bitch?" And she did the revenging thing, "You better check the dictionary, because I'm going to explain to you what a hooker, a whore and a slut is. And you must know its unmistakable definition because it defines you!"
     The scene was enjoyable, but then I forgot that Harry was still in my grasps and then he was freed by my own weakness, dumbfounded.
     "What's wrong with you?" Harry yelled, shielding Annika.
     "What the heck, Harry! The question is: what's wrong with you?" I pulled Selena behind. Facing Harry face to face was really hard.
     Selena grabbed Harry's wrist, it surprised me. "Let's go, Harry, leave that hooker!"
     "Stay away from my boyfriend, bitch!" We all looked at Annika angrily.
     Without hesitating I attacked Harry hard. We roll over the floor, punching each other.
     "Are you out of your mind, Styles?" I whispered angrily at him, making him tremble.
     "I'm leaving this life, Ian, there's no point to continue our relationship. So, let me go!"
     Everything within me went black, I didn't know what I did all I know is I don't want Merill to be disappointed.

     After that horrible war, Selena brought me to the park, bought me some ice candy and placed it on my bruised and wounded skin. We sat in a bench and, in a good timing, we found Merill sitting alone on the next one.
     We approached her, talked to her and explained everything we knew.
     Telling her the fact that Annika and Harry are official was really hard, but lying to her was much harder and seeing her cry was the hardest.
     "Merill, there's nothing we can do now but to leave him. He don't you," Selena said calmly.
     "I don't believe you! Harry loves me," Merill insisted. "And Annika will never do that to me. She's my friend!"
     "She was your friend," I corrected but nobody seems to notice me.
     "I'm sorry, Merill. We're just telling you the truth and you need to move on," Selena added
     Merill didn't have the chance to protest. I was about to embrace her when she ran towards the faucet. She was gripping the tile tight, I looked at Selena for some clue and she just shrugged.
     We followed her and found out that she's vomiting. Her face went pale and she looked weak. I placed a hand over her shoulder to comfort her.
     "Are you alright?" I asked.
     She hugged me and mentioned the words that changed her life. "I'm pregnant."

cynthnie.x