35. Merill

I entered the room where Darcy is sleeping soundly, when someone called my name. I turned around to see who it is, Harry again.
     “Hey, Harry,” I smiled upon seeing him.
     “Can we talk for awhile?” he asked, putting his hands in his pocket while he smiles weirdly at me.
      I nodded and followed him to the kitchen and where we settled ourselves in a chair near the counter.
      “Merill, I have a pla—” he started, but before he can continue his sentence I barked angrily at him.
      “Stop, Harry! Don’t do t! Please don’t risk your life because of this! I can’t handle seeing someone risk their lives anymore!” I didn’t know what came into my mind to yell at him like that. I don’t have any idea, why.
     I might be acting too obvious when I said that or maybe not. I don’t understand!
     He was surprised the way I reacted that he can’t mention a word. I took a deep sigh and forced myself to relax. “Sorry, Harry. Go on, continue.”
      I was expecting for him to suspect. Maybe his plan is better than mine.
     “Are you keeping something from me?” he blurted, his eyes are glued to mine with a serious look scattered all over his face. I never saw him like this before.
      I shook my head. “No.” a guilty act of mine was clearly shown.
      “I know you, Merill,” He snorted.
      I avoided his glare. “Just tell me the plan that you are about to say,” I said, as he flipped his hair and let out a deep breath.
      “I changed my mind. Let’s just rely to the officer.”
      That gave me a relief. I smiled and turned around when he suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him.
       I tried to stop him by pulling my body away from his but he suddenly kissed my lips and I felt tears streaming down his cheeks. He pulled away and slowly cupped my face with his two warm hands.
      “Promise me you won’t do anything that will harm you,” he whispered.
      I nodded softly. I know, I won't be able to keep that promise but I want Harry safe too and this is the only way that I know.

I groaned as my phone vibrated for the alarm. I tried to sit up but a heavy arm was on my belly. Ugh, Harry! I removed his arm and replaced a pillow on my spot. Then I saw Darcy hugging Harry tight. Adorable!
     I immediately fixed my things for the plan and headed to the guest room. I slowly twisted the door knob when someone covered my mouth. I fell on the ground because of the strength. I tried to look at the guy who’s covering my mouth when he whispered.
      “It’s just me. Edmund!”
       He removed his hand from my mouth and I stood up.
       “You’re more excited than me now?” I said with a groan, his strength was stronger than I thought.
     C“I just want to tell you that we can’t go out with the guards standing there overnight!” he said, and I noticed his bringing a heavy bag.
      I brought him to the living room and gave him ten euros. I don’t know why. It just came up to my mind.
      “Whatever will happen the plan is still on. Now, I want you to steal a paper. It has the map of Annika’s mom hideout and go back here immediately!” I explained in a. whisper. The guards were very huge and they were many and I can’t creep down under because I’m too big for it. But Edmunds absolutely can.
      I watched him leave the living room while I hid under a window waiting for him to come back.
        I heard a stamp of a human’s feet, at first I thought it was Ed but when I slowly stood up to llok, I saw one of the guard whistling while unzipping his pants. Gross!
      I waited for another five minutes when I heard something unnatural, like a crawling monster or insect, I hate insects! I covered my mouth so that I can’t yell.
      “Am I that scary?” Ed whispered, holding a piece of paper.

We’re already walking around the village that was stated in the parchment.
       “55th street? That’s so far from here,” Ed complained, as he watched the signs every time we pass by each street.
      “We need to save Kaitlyn. Three days is almost over,” I said, keeping myself calm. I might faint in the middle of the street.
      The police men have been here too. I bet they’ve put some hidden cameras in every street. But if they did, someone must know that I'm here lurking around and they will come get us, but no one did.
      I continued to walk until we reached the 50th street. Ed was ahead of me. He made a glance on the parchment and stopped. I run to him and watched the two separate streets.
      “Where are we going now? The two streets are named as the 55th street. It’s weird, you know," he said, confused.
     The day when Annika’s mom called flashed back in my mind. “DON’T TURN RIGHT! LEFT! LIAM! LEFT! 55!”
     “Let’s take the left street c’mon.” I said, turning to the left street.
     He followed without even questioning me. I remembered Kaitly, yelling the traps. Maybe the police men destroyed those traps.
      We continued to walk until the sun has set and we clearly saw a little house or a mini building, without window just a little door at the back.
      “Is that the hideout?” asked Ed.
      “Positive,” I answered.

...

cynthnie.x