41. Ian

"Harry, you need to eat," Louis said convincingly while helping Harry with his food.

     "I don't want to," was the only answer he got.

     After knowing what happened to Merill, Harry started to change. He would've died yesterday from driving too fast if the police men didn't save him. We were all worried about him and we all thought he'll be fine if he knew that Merill called Edmund telling him she's okay, but he just became worse. He's not talking to anyone, he did not even sleep last night even talking to Darcy can't calm him down, he'll just end up crying.

     "Will you please bring Darcy to your room, Kate?" Liam whispered to Kaitlyn.

     Kaitlyn obediently stood up and went up stairs with Darcy. Edmund followed with a tray filled with different kinds of sweets. As soon as the door slammed shut and the children were out of sight Liam started talking.

     "Harry, you can't starve yourself and die," Liam told him.

     Harry looked at him blankly, "I rather die than to live without her."

     We all went silent and continued finishing our food when a loud bang caught our attention.

     "What was that?" Selena asked.

      "It sounded like a gun shot to me," Zayn said.

     I put my spoon and fork down and stood up to see what's going on.

     "Danielle, go with the children," I heard Liam said.

      I moved closer to a window to check outside, then I saw a van and a couple of bodies lying outside.

      "Hide! They are here!" I yelled as I lock the windows close.

     The others left the table as well. Selena run up stairs while Liam hurriedly locked the front door.

     "Harry, let's go!" Louis said.

     "No, Im going to save Merill!" Harry cried. He stood up from his chair and went to the door that Liam is guarding.

     "Are you insane, Harry? We have to go!" Zayn yelled, pulling Harry away from the door, but Harry didn't move. He just stood there, trying to be brave though I saw his hands were shaking.

     As stupid as I am, I came to join him.

     "What are you doing?" Harry snapped. "Go and hide!" Wow.

     I looked at him annoyed. "Listen, Harry. There's someone else you need to protect and that's your daughter! And she's waiting for you up stairs... Merill is in danger and she won't like it if you choose to save her rather than your daughter," I told him, sternly.

     He didn't say another word. Please, come back to life, Harry Styles! The boom on the door grew louder. I readied myself but Harry is still not leaving.

     "Go and protect your daughter! I'll take care of this!" I yelled at him.

     "B-but I can't leave you here!" he yelled back.

     "I can manage it! Now, go!" and finally he run up stairs.

     There was an eerie silence, the booming stopped. At first, I thought they gave up but when the front door fell down with a loud thud and a huge guy came into view holding a gun I eventually thought that it was a wrong decision to stay here.

     "Nice gun. Where did you get that?" were the words that came out from my mouth.

     "Where is the girl?" he asked, threatening me with his gun.

     "Ian! Don't you dare tell him!" I heard Merill yelled and a slap eventually evolved and reached her face. She's with Annika's mom just behind the guy with a gun.

     I laughed, a nervous laugh. "Maybe you should try using your six sense to find what you're looking for."

     I looked at Merill again and saw her mouthing, "You're an idiot..." with her free hand facing her face. Now you're disappointed?!

     I awkwardly laughed. I don't have a weapon for defense. I only have my brain and a knowledge to make jokes in this situation.

     "I'm going to give you five seconds. If you won't tell me where the girl is, you're dead!" the guy warned. I shivered.

    I've lived my life to the fullest. I had lots of adventures. Maybe it's better if I save Darcy.

     "No!" Merill yelled, interrupting me from my last thoughts.

     "Five..." the guy started counting.

     "God is good," I whispered to myself. I hope I won't regret doing this.

     "Four..."

     "I'm a divergent!" I told myself. I just used my Erudite talent awhile ago. I couldn't be a Candor though.

     "Three!"

     "but I can be brave!" Dauntless powers here it comes!

     "Two!"

     "Merill!" I yelled while pushing the guy backwards causing him to fall. Ooh. I'm strong.

     "Ahh! One!" I heard the guy yelled and a creaking sound of a trigger. Then someone called my name.

     I jumped down the pool.

...

cynthnie.x