34. Merill

I was in the terrace of Kaitlyn’s room watching the sun as it sets down. Darcy is fast asleep with her father, Harry, on the bed. Watching them made my heart melt. I can watch them like this forever.I wanted to join them but  I can’t sleep with these problems bothering me. I can’t sleep thinking that Kaitlyn's life is in danger because of the greatest mistake me and Harry made.
     I let out deep sigh and continued to watched the two most important persons in my life. This moment will be perfect if things around us is okay but is is not.
     Knowing that Kaitlyn got involved because of a mistake makes me feel bad about myself. I have to sacrifice for these people. I can't let anyone, especially Darcy, get hurt anymore. I want to make a plan. All I need is someone I can trust. Maybe Ian, no if Ian will know abiut my plan he’ll stop me. I need someone who I can trust and who trust me too. Harry—No! Delete him! The boys—scratch! They’ll tell Harry! Danielle—I don’t know her that much, so scratch. Selena—She don’t trust me that much.
     I love you, Merill Hemsworth—
     And who the heck changed my ring tone?
     I answered the call without even looking who called. But I’m positive it’s not someone dangerous.
     “Hello?”
     “Hello, Merill? This is Edmund I just used a payphone from this street. I’m on my way to Kaitlyn’s house. Please fetch me from here! I’m afraid Annika’s mum will kidnap. Yes, I know I want to save Kaitlyn. But this is freaking different! PLEASE! Thank you, bye!”
      The call ended as soon as he said bye. That was a fast message Ed—wait. I know his the one I’ve been looking for. The one who trust me and the one I trust! Nice timing, boy.

“Thanks for the foods, Merill,” Ed said while opening a sandwich I bought from the nearby street. As what I observed, his super hungry.
     “So, does Elaiza know that you’re here?” I asked.
     “Maybe not, she’s been in her room alone. I don’t know why...” He answered, wiping some ketchup and mayonnaise smeares from his mouth.
     “Poor, Elaiza...” I mumbled. “Anyway, Ed, can I ask a favor from you?” I finally said, I’ve been urging myself to tell this to him.
     “You? Asking a favor from me? Are you insane?” he laughed hard, the he almost got choked. “What is it?”
      “This is about Kaitlyn being kidnapped. About the whole situation, and I have this dangerous plan, that I will tell you, only you! But before I tell you this plan, promise me that you won’t tell anyone until it’s the right time,” I explained, seriously while I watch him eating his foods.
      “’aw weel ay no iv itzed dah wayt taym?” he asked, his mouth full.
      “When things get worse than I expected—but promise me first!” I said in a whisper. Someone might be spying us here.
      He swallowed the remaining sandwich and raised his right arm “I, Edmund Meyer promise not to tell anyone until the day when everything gets worse than Merill Hemsworth excepted. And again, I, Edmund Meyer, will not call this a promise but an oath.”
     Now I know why Kaitlyn fell in love to this guy, he is so cheeky and clever .“Thanks, Ed," I smiled
     “Not yet! What’s your plan?” he asked seriousness all over his cute not-so-innocent face.
     “I am planning to go save Cynthnie and I need a back up. And it’s you!” I pointed him.
      He swallowed his saliva and said: “It’s a dare not a promise!”
      “I’m not done yet—And everything I say, promise me that you will follow it! If I say run, you run! And keep this plan as a secret,” I explained, holding his shoulders.
      He frowned “I’m asking you the plan not how I keep this secret or promise! The plan, Hemsworth!”
      I rolled my eyes and start explaining “My plan is to go in that witch’s hide out and face her physically and mentally. While…” I continued explaining to him and kept on repeating and repeating until he understood what I meant.
     “Nice plan! I’m on it!”

We went back to Liam’s flat and introduced Ed to the police men.
      “Ms. Hemsworth, Mr. Styles is looking for you,” A police man came toward me.
      “I’ll be there in a minute,” I answered and he walked away.
       I lead the way to our room but I think Ed already know this place better than I do.
      “Merill!” someone yelled behind, I turned around to see who is it, Harry.
     “Hi," I said with a smile.
      “I thought you were kidnap! You almost gave me a heart attack, Merill!” He said, letting out a deep breath while giving me a tight hug.
      “Sorry,” I said, pulling him away from me.
      “Hi, Ed!” He switched his look to JB who is standing for almost five minutes behind me.
      “Hi, Harry,” Ed smiled.
       “Ian is in the guest room. You must go talk to him," Harry said, pointing the guest room’s door.
       “I know where it is. But thank you anyway,” Ed smiled, and climbed up stairs.
       “I need rest, Harry. I'll be in the room!” I almost forgot, tomorrow will be the day of my plan.
       I’m sorry, Harry. 

...

cynthnie.x