10. Merill

I woke up with heavy eyelids and a severe headache. Not a good thing to start a beautiful morning. Squinting from the bright rays of the shining sun from my window, I rolled looking for my phone and finally found it beside me hidden under the soft pillow of mine. I unlocked it and checked the time, it was nine thirty in the morning.
      I stood up, yawning and lazily went in front of the mirror. Based on my reflection, hair goes in different direction and my eyes are swollen. I grabbed a comb from my drawer and started fixing my hair.
      I don’t actually have the guts to work. I want to lie down in my bed all day, do nothing, just sleep and never wake up again. But it seems impossible, so I stood up straight and went to the door, twist the handle and opened it.
      Closing the door behind me, I watched Ian going back and forth in the hallway looking problematic while holding his phone. He is totally funny so I laughed at him. And he just looked at me in an awkward way and started going back and forth again. He’s weird.
      “Are you alright?” I asked, raising my eyebrows.
      He let out a small groan and stopped in front me. He covered his face with his palms and sighed. I don’t really know what’s happening to him.
      “Ian, it’s okay. Whatever it is, it will be fine. Now, tell me,” I said comforting him, my hands rubbing his arms trying to calm him down.
       He took his palm away from his face and looked at me. His lips pressed together forming a thin line. “You told me that I have to ask Selena out, right?”
      Shocked, I gasped and unexpectedly cupped his face. “Yes, I did! So, are you going to ask her?"
      “Already did, we’re going to have a date,” he finally admitted. His cheeks went rosy and he’s blushing. He's like a tomato!
     I gave him an encouraging smile. “Don’t worry. I’m going to help you.”
     “You’re prettier than Aphrodite, Mims! Are you really going to help me?” His eyes went brighter and happier.
     “Yes, I am. You better stop fooling around. Aphrodite is the goddess of beauty. Let’s get started now before Kronos freeze the time,” I stated, pushing him to his room, but Darcy ran towards us, hugging me tightly.
     “What a perfect timing, Darling. Uncle Ian here has something special to do, so we need to help him,” I told her. “We’re going to the mall!”
      “Merill, you can’t teach her—” I cut him off, placing my index finger on his lips.
      “I can’t leave her here, she need to come with us. Why? Do you think I’ll tell—” and now, it’s his turn to cut me off.
      “Alright, let’s go!” He grabbed Darcy, lifting her on his arms and we all changed for Ian’s best day.

      We were in the mall, looking for Ian’s outfit, gift and flowers for his date later. While the clueless little girl, Darcy is playing around enjoying our company. No problems are currently bothering me. This is not the time to be stress. For now, we will help Ian get ready for his perfect night with Selena.
      Since I’ve got lot of experiences when it comes to dinner dates and movie dates, I was the one who picked for the clothes.
      Ian and Darcy are both looking at me in awe when I showed them the white v-neck t-shirt, blue plaid polo and a black skinny jeans and grey Supra for the bottom. I gave it to Ian so that he can fit it and so that we’ll know if it looks handsome for him. After a few moments of waiting, a handsome guy with blue eyes walked out the fitting room catching everyone’s attention. He looks perfectly hot.
      He paid the clothes and agreed that he’ll fetch Selena at six later in the evening. And because of my kindness and because I am a good stylist, we ate our lunch in an expensive restaurant before we went home.
      After we bought some flowers and gifts, we went home immediately and arrived at four. Just in time for him to be ready. He eventually rushed into his room without a word and slammed the door.
       “What’s happening?” Elisha asked.
       “He’s having the time of his life,” I smirked, looking at his door while imagining what he’s doing right now. He might be looking at his mirror complimenting himself and thanking Aphrodite for giving him good looks.
       I went in to my room later on and fixed my bed. Then I went to my terrace and watched Darcy playing with Elisha in the backyard.  The world is really fair, even if you’ve got lot of problems, happiness will still be there.
      I left my room to have some snacks and was about to go down stairs when Ian called my name. I looked behind and saw him asking for help.
      I smiled and went towards him, unbuttoning the first two buttons so that he’ll look better. “Don’t be nervous. Selena is a sweet girl, she can’t hurt you,” I said.
      He just looked at me blankly, don’t know what to do. I can’t believe Ian is acting gay shit about this thing. I grabbed his car keys, gave him the flowers and the gifts, and pulled him until we reached the garage.
      “Thank you, Mims. What would I do without you?” He attacked me with a hug.
      We pulled away from each other and he grabbed the car keys from my hand before entering his car. He gave me a smile and turned the ignition.
      “You must get your own stylist when I’m gone,” I teased. “Just kidding, Ian, you need to tell me the full story when you get back!” I stated.
      He just rolled his eyes and started the car. I waved after him and wished him good luck.
      I eventually went inside the house again and grabbed some snacks from the drawer. I put it on a tray and went inside Darcy’s room where I saw her watching Monsters Inc. I sat beside her and offering some food. It’s time for us to have a bond now.
      Actually, I was enjoying the movie, even though I’m too old to watch animations again. I miss childhood.

...

 I want to give  big credits to my prank buddy, Elaiza (not the one in the story) @corpsegirl the one who originally wrote this chapter.  love, love, love. <3

cynthnie.x