xlv.

"You're so heavy!" I told Kaitlyn and Ed's daughter, as I let her sit on my lap. She only giggled.

     I laughed, poking her tummy. "Oh, so you love to see me struggling with your weight, hmm?" And again, she only giggled. Huh, kids.

     My eyes scanned the place, and I smiled. It is a reunion and the whole place is packed with mm and dad's old friends, including Uncle Niall, Liam, Zayn and Louis. The atmosphere around us was warm, because of the smiles plastered on every people's faces including mine.

     As I finished greeting Uncle Zayn a hello, I noticed that my lap was empty. My eyes widened.

     I rose up from my seat and began to explore the whole place. "Edlyn where are you?" I called out nervously. Kaitlyn's going to kill me.
     "Edlyn, come out now." I looked under the tables, hoping to see her there. But unfortunately, she wasn't there and when I stood up, my head bumped the table. "Ouch," I complained aloud, rubbing the sore spot. Oh, just my luck.

     I searched for Edlyn all over the place and still there are still no sign of her. I stopped at a nearby tree and rested my back against it, breathing heavily. What am I going to do now

     "'Cause you are mine for the summer,
     Now we know it's nearly over
," Someone sang. I walked over to where the sound came from.

     "Feels like snow in September,

     But we always, we'll remember." 

     When I came to the other side of the tree, I saw a boy, about my age, playing a guitar, and beside him, sat a little girl.

     "Edlyn," I called out, and she looked up to me, grinning like there's no tomorrow.
     "Aunt D'warcy, 'der boy is vewy good at s'winging," she said happily, pointing at the boy who just stopped playing the guitar to look at me. Wow, he's attractive. I got rid of my thoughts immediately. What was I thinking?

     "You were singing a One Direction song," I smiled at him. "Am I right?"

     He stood up. "Yeah I was. So, you're also a fan?"

     "My dad's a member," I told him casually.

     "Seriously?" he raised an eyebrow, in doubt.
     "Yeah," I laughed. "I'm Harry Styles' daughter."

     "H-hi, I'm James by the way," he shyly extended his hand for a hand shake.

     "Darcy," I beamed at him. "It's nice to meet you."

...

cynthnie.x