42. Merill

I almost peed myself when I saw the gun directly pointed to Ian and I almost fainted when I saw him jumped in the pool.

     "Ian!" I yelled, almost losing my voice.

     "He's okay," Chris whispered behind me. What a relief. Ah. I'll kill that guy.

     Tears started to form when Annika's mom dragged me inside the house. The utensils were still on the table when we entered the dining room. They just finished eating their dinner. I hope they are all safe.

     "Search the house!" Annika's mom ordered, and all of his men went inside to rummage the house. "Chris, follow me up stairs," she said while dragging me to walk.

     I hope they are not here. I hope they are safe. My body is already shaking as we take a step closer to the rooms. Until we reached the guest room. Annika's mom bravely kicked the door with her gun ready, but it was empty, so is the Master's Room. There's only one room left, Kaitlyn's room.

     "Open the door, Chris," she said.

     Chris moved closer to the door an slowly twisted the door knob.

     "Don't!" I cried, grabbing Chris sleeves to stop him.

     "Open it!" Annika's mom snapped, pointing her gun to me.

     Chris was about to push the door when we heard loud bangs from the living room. The back up police finally arrived and the others run up stairs.

     "Don't you dare come closer!" Annika's mom yelled., "or I'll kill her."

     Reggie's Father was one of them. He sternly stopped and carefully pointed his gun towards our direction.

     "Stay there!" Annika's mom added.

     Chris opened the door and inside were Harry, Zayn, Louis, Niall and Liam each of them holding a knife as their weapon while Selena and Danielle stand behind them. Where is Darcy?

     More bad guys came to tie up the police. I looked at Reggie's father helplessly before we entered the room and the door was shut close.

     Harry was looking at me about to cry. He's so beautiful no matter what the situation is.

     "Long time no see, boys!" Annika's mom laughed. "Hi, Harry."

     Harry's hand trembled, his fingers formed in to a fist ready to punch. "Leave Merill alone!" he yelled. Anger taking over him.

     "No way," Annika's mom said while moving her gun closer to my head. "Kill that man, Chris!"

     "No!" I yelled.

     I looked at Chris, pleading him not to but he moved his gun and pointed it to Harry. Annika's mom dragged me closer towards them but stopped near the bed.

     "By the way where's Darcy?" Annika's mom asked. Chris slowly put his gone down.

     I almost shrieked when a cold skin touched my feet. I looked down to see a hand sticking out from the bed. Edmund, Kaitlyn and Cynthnie might be there. I kicked the hand back under the bed.

     "She's not here," Zayn bravely answered.

     "I won't believe you of course. Where is Darcy?"

     "She's not here! She's in the master's bed room!" Selena said, her voice shaking.

     "Tell the others to search the master's bed room and come back here immediately," she whispered to Chris.

     Chris left but came back afterwards. "Nothing's in there," he said.

     "I'll give you your last chance. If you won't tell me the truth. Merill is dead," she said, pushing her gun hard to my skull.

      "I don't really care if you kill me," I told her.

     She looked at me angrily. "You don't care?"

     "I rather face death than give you Darcy!" I yelled and pushed her away from me.

     She fell down and I immediately regretted doing it, what if she saw them under the bed?

     She regained her balance and stood up. "You'll pay for that, Merill!"

     "Kill me then," I cried.

     "I definitely will," she smiled and slowly pointed her gun towards me.

     Then a familiar voice yelled, "No!"

    The voice came from the terrace, it was Ian. How did he get there?

     "Who in hell was that?" Annika's mom yelled in annoyance.

     "Ian!" Selena cried and attempted to run.

     "Don't move!" Annika's mom said, her gun still targetting me.

     "What's wrong with you? Why are you doing this?" Selena yelled.

     Annika's mom turned her attention to Selena. "I'm doing this to give just to my daughter's death," she said.

      "By killing others?" Selena's voice was thicker. She sounded braver.

     "Harry Styles and Merill Hemsworth killed my daughter!" Annika's mom cried.

     "It was an accident! We have nothing to do with it!" I told her.

     She laughed, "an accident? Do you think I'll believe those lies? Do you know why I want Darcy more than I want you? Because I want you to suffer like how I suffered when Annika died."

    "We did not kill your daughter. Annika died because of an accident," I told her one last time. She looked at me crying. I can feel her pain and mourning.

    "I changed my mind," she said. "Darcy doesn't matter anymore. I hope losing a mother at a young age will hurt more. I'll just kill you instead." 

     My heart suddenly skipped a beat. I'm going to die.

     "Say good bye to your friends," she smiled and I saw her fingers pulling the trigger.

     I'm ready. I momentarily closed my eyes letting my body fall when suddenly someone embraced me and covered me from the shot of the bullet. I opened my eyes and saw a pair of emerald eyes that I've always loved. We hit the floor and I felt Harry's warmth touching my skin.

      "I love you," Harry whispered as tears fell from his eyes.

     I held him closer and touched something that shouldn't be there, blood.

     "Harry," I sobbed and looked at his eyes that was about to close. "Harry, I love you," I told him and kissed him and I felt his lips moving to form a smile.

      Everything went blur. I heard Chris yelling no. A body falling down beside us, it was Annika's mom body. Some rapid movements. And a little girl calling her father.

     "Daddy!" Darcy cried.

...

cynthnie.x