xliii. Her

Three years later

I looked at him with a sincere smile. His happiness was clearly show on his face. He smiled too and tears started to flow from my eyes ruining my make up.

     "I love you for your beauty and your patience," he said and made a quick pause before starting another sentence, "and I love you for your owns ways of letting me know how special I am to you." He paused again, and took a deep breath while he wiping his own tears. "So on top of all the other vows that I will make to you on our wedding day, I also vow to always be thankful and to appreciate how lucky I am to be loved by a person who never gave up on me. I chose you and I choose to love you everyday, good times or bad times, ordinary or special as long as I live and as long as you are here with me I will love you and make you happy until death do us part," Ian said.

     I laughed at his own corny vow that he intentionally rolled his eyes at me.

     "You are my best friend, my classmate, my playmate, my worst enemy and my greatest challenge, but above all that, you are the love of my life. You're making me happy, happier even, and despite everything that happened you loved me more than I thought that is possible, you loved me more than I can even love myself. Ian, stop playing with my hand!"

     Everyone in the church laughed.

     "I'm sorry," Ian said, softly. "Just excited," he added.

     "I'm a better person because of you. You helped me to become who I am right now. And I am truly blessed to be a part of your life. And I am more than excited to share my life with you..."

    "I am too," Ian giggled. Oh, goodness sake.

     "My love, my life, you'll be mine now and I'll be yours today and always. I love you, Ian Highmore."

     Ian smiled, "I love you too, Selena."

     "You may kiss the bride!" said the Priest enthusiastically.

     From my place, I watched them kissed each other gently. Everyone clapped their hands happily while the both of them looked at me with a smile.

     The reception ceremony was about to end, people were slowly decreasing and I was alone in my table when Selena and Ian approached me.

     "Missing him?" Selena asked, joining me.

     I nodded.

     "Life goes on, Mims. Look at me and Selena. Who would thought we will end up as husband and wife?" Ian said with a wide grin plastered all over his face.

     "I did, Ian. I did from the beginning," I told him.

     "Yes, you did! And thank you because of you she's mine now," he said.

     "I'm so happy for the both of you," I said while embracing them. "I love you both."

    I wouldn't have let go of them if Darcy didn't interrupt us by yelling, "Long live Mr. and Mrs. Highmore!"

...

cynthnie.x