003: Fashion Department (3)

[⚠️] Contains strong language, bullying, violence, and body shaming

Webtoon Chapter: 5

Gasping for air, Nari sat up abruptly from her soft bed. The pale girl had just woken up from her nightmare that happened to be part of her past, in short, a traumatic memory.

Once she calmed down, she reaches for her phone to contact her friend who is also like her personal psychiatrist.

Nari thought that Mary might be asleep for now seeing the dark night sky from the exterior glass wall of her room so she decided not to bother her friend.

After failing to go back to sleep, she stood up and changed her clothes to get some snacks at the convenience store she always go to everytime she cannot sleep.

She wore a black square-neck sleeveless top, black sweatpants and a black cropped hoodie with the zipper slightly open and slid off revealing her bare left shoulder.

She exits her penthouse then entered the elevator and waited until she reaches the ground floor. The workers present on the place greeted her as she made her way out of the luxurious building. She then set foot in a familiar alley and continued her way to the convenience store, bumping into Zack and the goons on the way.

"Fuck watch where-"

Zack, who bumped into her, stopped mid-sentence seeing the familiar beauty and unconsciously blushed eyeing her form.

"Lol what's with those three? They look like those middle aged uncles we fought when we were drunk before."

The said three almost fainted on the spot. They couldn't bear the thought that Nari witnessed them being dressed like some old guys just so that they can buy cigarettes.

Nari then left the four before they could even respond and made her way on the convenience store.

"Welcome!"

An unfamiliar voice greeted her upon entering as she nods in acknowledgment without looking at the clerk. She assumed that the voice was coming from a new part-timer knowing that the manager was looking for one.

He even desperately asked the female to be one because of the reason that she can attract a lot of costumers and she doesn't sleep anyways so why not do a part-time job? Spoiler she rejected the offer because she's too lazy to work.

She walked through the aisle of the store and randomly picked up drinks and snacks she was craving for, unaware of the shock stare the worker gave her.

Nari dropped her snacks at the counter as the store clerk scanned them one by one. She handed him her card as she look up. She gasped getting a good look of his face. It was full of bruises looking like he was beaten into a pulp.

"Damn you look like a mess."

The clerk just stared at her for a minute and looked down on his feet, completely misunderstanding the girl's words.

'Of course she thinks I'm ugly.'

Normally, Nari doesn't give a shit and wouldn't do a single thing since she minds her own business even although she do gossip a lot. However, the part-timer reminds him a lot of her deceased brother who was bullied brutally when he was still alive.

She bought a couple of things that would help his bruises heal faster and left them at the counter after claiming her foods.

"W-wait! You forgot these!"

The taller turned around seeing him motioning on the things she bought for him.

"Nah, use those at least. You look like shit."