021: Live Streaming (5)

WHY ARE Y'ALL BARKING IN MY COMMENT SECTION

[⚠️] Contains strong language, violence, stalking, and mention of the word "knife"

Webtoon Chapter: 32, 33

In the end...

Nari fell backward on her bed with a small sigh as she stared up at the ceiling of her room.

I got free snacks!

A grin made its way on her face as she raised the numerous plastic bags that her hands held which contains everything Zack got for her from the convenience store. She sat up, giggling as she emptied the bags, various snacks surrounding her sitting form. Nari examined the snacks one by one until her eyes halted at some specific snacks.

"Oh right! I got these for Zoe."

She came across Zoe's favorite snacks so she brought them for her. Not exactly brought since Zack was the one who paid for it but it's the same thing. The tall female reached out for her phone and decided to dial her bob-haired friend's number. Zoe immediately picked the call up as soon as it rang.

"Zoe, are you awake?"

"Nari, I literally picked the phone up." 

"Oh right."

Nari stood up on her feet and set Zoe's snacks back in the plastic bag. She snatched her motorcycle keys and made her way out of her room, not bothering to clean up or change as she was still wearing the same clothes she wore when she went to the convenience store with Zack.

"I'm glad you called! It's dark and scary out here.."

"Hmm? Where are you?"

She exited her place and entered the elevator with one hand holding her phone up to her ear and the other holding the snacks and the keys.

"My mom asked me to throw out the trash." Zoe responded from the other side of the phone making Nari hum once more.

"I'll be there. Don't sleep yet."

"Huh? You'll be-"

"E-excuse me."

As Zoe was about to respond to Nari, an unfamiliar voice cuts her off which piqued both females' attention.

"Zoe? Who was that?" Nari asked with both curiosity and concern.

"I need directions." the guy continued.

"During this time and in a dark alleyway? Go back to your house quickly!" 

Nari immediately went out of the elevator as soon as it reached the ground floor, taking big steps as she did so. The staffs greeted her with a bow and the individuals present in the lobby during this time can't take their eyes off her, gawking and a red hue creeping up their cheeks but the attractive female was too worried to pay attention to her surroundings as Zoe was too creeped out on the other side to respond. 

"I don't know the way so.."

"Oh... I don't really know.."

Zoe's worried voice can be heard. Nari listened more intently, biting her lower lip as her footsteps got faster and faster until she got out of the building. 

"Zoe!! Run!!" the familiar voice of the store clerk screamed on the other line.

Nari was stuck between feeling relieved and being a lot more concerned. It was a relief that there was finally someone who was there to shield Zoe away from danger but it was more worrisome, knowing that the said someone is the convenience store clerk she knew to be vulnerable.