010: Library Date (1)

[⚠️] Contains strong language

Webtoon Chapter: 15

"Nari~ Where are you studying for the exam?"

Zoe questioned the female who was resting her head in between her arms as Zoe headed to sit at the seat infront of Nari's and leaned down on her desk to come face to face with the taller girl's head.

The two got closer for the past hours. Close enough for Nari to address Zoe's mom as "aunt" and even go to school wearing one of Zoe's pair of uniform since she spent the night at the bob haired girl's home and even ate breakfast with the family.

"Oh? Psh I'm not studying."

She answered raising her head but froze when she didn't fail to notice Mary's icy glare coming from their classroom's window that is connected to the corridor. If looks can kill, she'll be 6 feet underground.

"I'm heading to the library! Haha.."

"You said you're not studying?"

"I'm just joking! Haha. Of course I'm studying hahaha..."

"Hey, Nari."

Their conversation was cut short when the recognizable voice of Zack decided to butt in. They snapped their heads towards his direction where he was seen swaying on his seat with his feet placed on his desk, blushing shyly and not daring to meet their eyes that held confusion.

"Hey, I'm going to the library too. Shall we go together? If you're okay with it."

Zack stated, receiving a snicker from Zoe.

"Hey! I'm serious!"

"You? You're going to study? Ha!"

"Hmp! So Nari..."

"No."

The boxer flinched at the Shin's response. He knew the chance of her agreeing on studying with him would be slim but how can she say no firmly without batting an eyelash?

"What? Why not?"

"Bitch, I'll be having a hard time reviewing all those shits just for you to sum up with my struggles."

"Nari, I will study on my own! I won't bother you. I promise. Just let me go with you, please?"

He begged, kneeling down beside Nari's sitting form with his hands clasped together. If he was a stranger, Nari would have assumed that he can't even kill a fly. The students around sweatdropped at the tall male's duality and how much he was willing to lose his cool just to spend a day with Nari. (Zack being 99% maangas; the 1%:)

She sighed in embarrassment and nods in acknowledgement, not wanting to attract more unwanted attention due to the boy's unnatural act. Zack beamed in happiness, not until his former crush approached the trio.

"Hey Nari, Can I go with you too?"

"Of course!"

Mira smiled widely with Nari returning the act as Zack gasped, clearly offended.

"What? I begged and all while you agreed to Mira without hesitation?"

"You know what Nari. We shouldn't let Zack come with us."

An irk mark appeared on his forehead as he faced his childhood friend who was grinning at him innocently. He internally cried, not appreciating his friend's doings.

'Mira! Don't ruin my chance with Nari!'

"Why not??"

"If you go, you'll just get into a fight again. Right Nari?"

"Hmm, you have a point."

"Hey.. I don't go around looking for a scrap all the time."

"Yes, you do. You know I absolutely hate fighting."

Panic risen on him once again. He strike to convince Mira instead since it would be less complicated as Nari would second if Mira concurred.

"Look Mira. I won't fight. I promise."

And that is why he was seen leaning against the wall near the gate of the library with Mira herself, both waiting for a certain girl since Zoe refused to study with them as she wanted to study with Nari alone at weekends.

"Anyways Zack, you changed your clothes? To impress Nari right?"

"W-what? No! I just changed into something comfortable hehe."

"Doesn't look comfy."

They snapped their heads at the voice only to see the girl they've been waiting for, approaching them, wearing a plain white sweatshirt that is tucked in her loose black pants and pairing it with luxurious black sneakers.

Her fit was nothing extravagant, yet, it's still enough to make every individuals stop in their tracks to stare at her with mouth agape with her long thick black hair swaying at every step she made.

The duo was no exception though, with heat rising up their cheeks. Her beauty never failed to fluster them. Them still staring with adoration when the said girl stood tall infront of them.

"Let's head in?"

As they did, Zack gasped in both surprise and amusement at the sight of the refreshing place they called, the library.

'Wow.. So this is a library..'

"I'll pay."

"Oh! thank you."

"Thanks bro."

"Three students!"

The neat and tidy place then made Zack daydream about spending time with Nari even with Mira tailing after them.

'I hope time crawls by. Sit next to her.. Study.. Eat together.'

Although, his glee was cut short when both gender were separated in different study rooms and now Zack was found scraping a desk at the boy's room, causing the others who went to study lose their concentration.

The two girls on the other hand was pleased as they could teach other without minding the probable idea of getting disturbed by Zack, Nari was now found teaching Mira some things the brunette couldn't understand in math.

"That would be x=DN."

"DN?"

"Deez nuts."

Whimpers can be heard afterwards loud thud coming from Mira's notebook colliding with the back of Nari's head.

"Nari!"

"Okay okay geez."

After a sufficient tutoring, the two decided to contact Zack in terms of hitting the snacks area and the boy couldn't be much more happier.

Little did the three know that as they walk on the way to the snack area, a certain couple was eyeing them, entitling Zack as the wussy from the group they encountered last night as the male one in the two eyed both Nari's and his girlfriend's chest, internally comparing them.

Thus, nothing was more obvious than the fact that their supposed study surely won't end well.

Words: 1,015

05.17.22