022: Craigslist (1)

Check my Zack book out!

[⚠️] Contains strong language and Nari to Zack violence

Webtoon Chapter: 35

"You didn't quit live streaming?" Zack questioned, eyeing Nari who sat on the edge of his desk.

"No, I have a daughter and a husband to feed."

Zack took her statement as sarcasm. The said husband who happened to pass by the Fashion Department can't help but stumble to his feet as he heard her comment from outside the room, making the Beauty Department girls who surrounded him shriek in both surprise and worry and extended their arms in an attempt to save their only male classmate from planting his face to the floor.

As the boxer was about to retort back whilst completely unamused, Namsoo approached the two, face being badly beaten up. He wasted no time and explained to Zack who listened suspiciously quiet and held an unreadable expression. Even Daniel, whose seat is next to Zack's, was dumbfounded.

"So.. they stole it all?"

Namsoo was sweating profusely and refused to meet anyone's eyes, especially Zack's. He already took quite a beating from the scammers and he can picture himself receiving more from the boxer who gave him the errand he failed to carry out.

"You must've been scared. I really should've gone. It's my fault.."

Zack scratched the back of his neck with a sigh. His statement brought confusion to Namsoo who later on became touched.

"I hope you aren't lying to me." his expression did a total 180.

"Eek!"

"Why would you even order him to buy you a pair of DG Jordans for only 300 dollars? Dumb fuck."

"Give me yours then."

Zack's nose met Nari's fist.

"Nari, watcha talking about?"

"Oh? Yui?"

They diverted their attention to Yui who decided to take a part in the conversation. They started to notice how often the live streamer hang around their seats but they remained silent, not that they minded anyways. Daniel gave the female an idea about the situation.

"You said you still have their messenger contact?"

"Oh yeah. It's still there. Her!"

He showed the group his phone screen where a profile of a gorgeous brunette was displayed. It made them doubt Namsoo's story for a second.

"Wow! It was a girl?"

"No. I thought it was a girl but a bunch of guys showed up with her."

"Oh wow."

Now that made more sense. Nari squinted her eyes at Namsoo as he blushes as if he went on a date and didn't get beaten up.

"Now I know the whole story." Zack was visibly pissed which made Namsoo flinch.

"That fake phone is worth money. They'll max its use till they're reported." Yui commented, having a lot of knowledge about the situation.

"Ah!"

"Let's find their number on Craigslist."

"Woah! Here it is! So these are all of these punks' fake items!"

"Damn, are they hiring?"

"You could use your phone to pretend you're interested in buying them, Zack." Yui suggested.

"That way, I could meet these rip-off artists in person."

"Stop making that face, angry bird."

"Zack. First, change your profile pic and text them. If they think they are talking to a pushover like Namsoo, they'll come."

"Oh, I see."

Yui and Zack paid no mind to how the comment bruised Namsoo's ego. The live streamer took the male's phone and went to the camera application before searching around the Fashion Department's room.

"Let's see.. Any pushovers here.. Hey Jiho, look over here!"

"Huh?"

As soon as Jiho turned to face her direction, Yui snapped a photo and went back to business, muttering a thanks which left Jiho in confusion. The said guy felt very unpleasant despite not having any idea what was happening. Yui, Nari, and Zack were too engrossed and paid no mind to it but Daniel can't help but glance at Jiho in pity.

"Now we have to message them as if we're buyers?"

"Yep. And say you have to meet in person!"

"Don't forget to type like a pushover."

In less than a minute, they received a response.

"Oh! They replied. They wanna meet at Gian Station."

"Huh? They told me Gian Station was a halfway meetup?!" Namsoo queried in confusion.

"They must live near Gian Station but they lied. It's a common trick." Yui answered.

"Hey, Yui. How do you know all this?"

"Oh, Daniel. I thought you lost your ability to speak."

"Of course not." Daniel muttered shyly and scratched the back of his neck which made Zack cringe and huff.

'Why is this bastard acting all cute towards Nari?'

"Oh! My ex was a scammer too so I saw it a lot."

'Oh.. That guy..'

"Without Nari, he'd still be around. Oh, and Zack too."

"Hey!"

"You just watched while your boyfriend did that?"

"Uh.. Well.. I was scared of him, 'cause he's the cool guy at school.. and he was the only one I have."

Silence struck among the group as they have no idea how to respond to the newly obtained fact. As time passed in a flash, it was time to go to the place chosen. The goons stood up fast as soon as Zack did as if it's their reflex. So did Daniel when he got included.

"I'll-"

"No."

Nari didn't even get the chance to complete her sentence as she got cut off by both Zack and Daniel's firm answer. She sulked on her seat as she watched the group of 5 exiting the room all while deciding where to dine.

Jokes on them to assume that Nari is going to obey and sit still prettily on her seat as they took matters into their own hands. She stood up, followed by the sound of her chair screeching. Nari left the room with numerous pairs of eyes following her withdrawing form.

'Nari is going?' Seeing the female leave, Yui rose and approached Namsoo before slinging her arms on his shoulder.

"Hey. Show me. We're gonna follow."

"What? No way in hell!" Namsoo tried to resist but his efforts were in vain.

The sound of Mira slamming her palm against her desk behind them didn't even faze the two.

"What?? I'm going too! Gotta buy something at the stationary store in the area!" she reasoned.

As the trio went ahead, Jay, who has his ears on them the whole time, followed as well with the same reason the three have.

Words: 1,098

07.24.23