014: School Festival (2)

[⚠️] Contains strong language

Webtoon Chapter: 23, 24

Duke's grandma frantically waves both of her hands at the female who stood in-front of her, Nari, who is trying to hand a certain amount of money at the said grandma.

"Nari, I can't accept that big amount of money!"

"Grandma, I swear this money is worth  exactly how much those three had eaten."

"Oh no. You don't need to pay for it! You guys are my Dukey's friends after all.

She read all the messages sent on their group chat consisting Vin, Mary, her, and the two goons. There she found out how those three messed up with Duke's grandma's business. Nari had met Duke's grandma several times as she often crash to their place last semester when she and Duke had to do their music things or when she just happened to be near the place.

Oh how much she wanted to tell her that it was only her who is friends with Duke and not the other three but she doesn't wanna ruin her happy demeanor. His grandma was an absolute angel and she hated that they took advantage of her kindness. She also did accepted his grandma's offer when she first met her. Who can even decline free foods?

But she ate the food given without any ill intention and Duke never thought anything wrong about it either. Now that those three did that, would Duke think badly of her for accepting free food from his grandma too?

His grandma, she took care of Nari every-time she was around like she was her own granddaughter. The female on the other hand enjoys the constant attention and affection that the grandma was giving her since she lack of it. Duke himself knows that Nari loves his grandma.

"Nari?"

A voice stopped the two females from bickering any further. There stood Duke and her classmate, Daniel. The said classmate of her was completely caught off-guard seeing her and so was she. Duke and Daniel was the duo she least expected to see together off the School premises. They only met and interacted once after all.

"Oh Duke. Our Dukey has so many friends. You two should eat something."

"Grandma!"

"Duke. Take this, grandma is so stubborn!" Nari commented, shoving the money on Duke's hand.

"Oh my. Duke, please don't!"

"W-what's happening with you two??" the said male sweat dropped at the two females.

"Grandma, treat me like a normal costumer!"

"You should stay at home.. You're sick." Duke stated as his grandma coughed.

"So stubborn."

The grandma just chuckled at the female's comment as she continued coughing. Daniel then spoke.

"Grandma, we already ate. Thanks for thinking of me, even though you have a business to run." he claimed but the sound of his stomach rumbling said otherwise.

Nari's rhetorical question was answered. Daniel can decline free foods. Not her tho, can't relate.

Daniel said his goodbyes and walked off with Duke still staring at Daniel's form in astonishment. Nari pulled Duke to go back to his home not before glaring jokingly at the stubborn old woman.