024: Midterms

[⚠️] Contains strong language

Webtoon Chapter: 39-40

Daniel's original body sat behind the counter, his tired eyes fixated on the books provided to him by Jaewon High. He could feel the fatigue settle in both his eyes and mind as he strained to take in and comprehend the amount of information he had been trying to absorb to pass the upcoming midterms. But despite his exhaustion, Daniel's unique ability to have two bodies granted him the luxury of being able to have a proper sleep in one body while simultaneously studying in the other.

If there is someone who lacks sleep, it would be Nari who is unlucky enough to own only one body. The bags under her eyes were apparent, her features dull and her movements sluggish as she entered the convenience store with the hopes of grabbing a quick snack and taking a much-needed rest after reviewing her notes.

"Welco- Nari? Aren't you supposed to be asleep by now?"

He noticed the clock and it displayed 4:57 AM, just a few hours before classes were to start. He was concerned as even though Nari usually visited late, this was much later than her usual time. Hence, he can't help and voiced his worry for her.

Daniel's concern reached such a level that he overlooked and failed to notice his mistake, visibly confused when Nari raised her eyebrows at him instead of responding.

"How did you know my name?"

'Oh crap!'

The male was bewildered by his own lack of observational skills to the point that he had failed to remember that he only had brief encounters with Nari several times in his original body, such as the stalker incident. Despite these interactions, both him and Nari never bothered to exchange introductions since their relationship always remained only as an employee and customer.

"Well- uhmm.."

"Oh right, you must've heard my friends calling me by my name."

"YES! I-i mean yeah, that's right." Daniel internally sighed in relief.

His nervousness didn't seem to fade away. Despite this, Nari seemed to remain calm and collected, as she calmly walked towards Daniel and leaned down towards the counter.

"We might meet more often so let's exchange introductions, shall we?"

He nodded eagerly in response to Nari's suggestion, grateful for the opportunity to finally introduce his original body to her properly and build the same good relationship they have in his second body.

"I'm Nari, Nari Shin." she offered her hand.

"Oh, D-daniel Park." he took her hand, shaking it and slightly bowing as he did so.

'So soft...'

"Nice to meet you, D-daniel Park." the female teased making him flush red in embarrassment.

"Now that I looked at you closely, you look awfully familiar. Feels like I met you somewhere before."

Daniel gaped at her statement. A sense of familiarity also dawned on him upon seeing her for the first time on his first day in J High, but he had ignored those sense of recognition, assuming it was nothing but an exaggeration and he was also distracted as result of her good looks, completely setting the feelings aside.

His initial thoughts were that there was no way he could have forgotten meeting someone as gorgeous as her.

"Oh." he could only mutter out. He seemed to be deep in thought as he tried to recall any instances in the past where they may have met before.