013: School Festival (1)

[⚠️] Contains strong language and bullying

Webtoon Chapter: 21, 22

Outside OK Talent Agency's Audition Room stood Nari, waiting for her best friend to finish his audition with her back leaning against the white wall that turned cold due to the building's AC on.

To say that she is proud is an understatement. She is beyond proud at Vin and how he believed at his own ability. She love his confidence. Although, she dislike how he overflows with one that he'd destroy other's, more specifically Duke's.

The said male sat not too far from her, also went to do an audition which did not surprise her at all. Duke is very determined to reach his dreams and is an optimistic person. That's how he caught the attention of the Shin. That's what brought Nari to him. Both are overflowing with determination, that's their similarities.

"I told you not to even consider guys like that."

"S-sorry, I'll let him know."

She watched in dissatisfaction as the CEO of OK Agency asked his assistant to turn down Duke without even hearing him out. Vin and the CEO eyed the scene, snickering.

The CEO caught a sight of Nari, a small gasp leaving his mouth.

"Oh my, who are you?" he cooed.

"Ah sir, She's my very close friend! She's drop dead gorgeous, right? She can sing, dance, and rap! An ace! It will be a waste if other agencies got ahold of her." said Vin, attempting to get his best friend recruited.

"What do you think about joining our Agency?"

The CEO asked Nari without a second thought. He doesn't even need Vin's nagging to take a liking of the girl. Her visual alone is a pro. And an ace? A total package! He was desirous of attaining the female.

"No thank you."

Her answer left Vin bewildered. Nari wanted to be an idol. She was just as desperate as him to debut in the Music Industry, that is why they went to Jae Won High and joined the Vocal and Dance Department in the first place. It was her dream too, so why..?

"I'll take my leave then."

She turned on her heels and walked away without even sparing them a glance.

Duke, who sat on a bus seat clenches his hand, eyeing the people who glances at him with visible disgust and stood still in the bus despite having an empty seat next to him. He tried to ignore the ill-treatment and opted to write down his emotions.

It caught him off guard when he felt a presence sat next to him all of a sudden. He was met with Nari's goddess-like face. If beauty has some sort of level, Nari's will most likely be on max already. Though, she became a lot more prettier and shone brighter when she sent a soft genuine smile towards Duke. How is that even possible?

"You know what? Fuck them. Who would even like to work under an agency with a lot of scandals right? There's a lot more agencies that are better than them. Like PTJ! Or maybe they're shit too? Ahhh, I wouldn't even like PTJ in the first place if it wasn't for DG! What's with the companies being shitty these d-"

Nari continued blabbering. The male beside her smiled at her method of comforting him. It was chaotic but it worked otherwise. He was glad that he was friends with the female despite her being at the very top of the food chain and him being complete opposite.