Beautiful Brunettes

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

Sign-ups are being taken for the volunteer safety program for Halloween. Principal Snyder takes one of the clipboards and looks around the hall. He grabs a girl that walks nearby and pulls her aside.

"Hey!"

Snyder glares, "You're volunteering."

He holds out the clipboard and pen to her. Willow, Buffy and Xander come in from the other hall.

The girl frowns, "But I have to get to class."

Snyder just shrugs. The gang walks past him.

Willow huffs, "Snyder must be in charge of the volunteer safety program for Halloween this year."

Xander shakes his head smiling, "Note his interesting take on the volunteer concept."

Buffy shrugs looking at the two confused, "What's the deal?"

They've reached Willow's locker, and she works the combination.

"Oh, a bunch of little kids need people to take them trick-or- treating. Sign up and get your own pack of sugar-hyped little runts for the night."

Buffy looks at Xander and nods in understanding, "Yikes. I'll stick to vampires."

Snyder puts his hand on her shoulder, and she spins around to face him.

"Miss Summers. Just the juvenile delinquent I've been looking for."

"Principal Snyder!" Buffy smiles awkwardly.

"Halloween must be a big night for you. Tossing eggs, keying cars, bobbing for apples, one pathetic cry for help after another. Well..." He leads her to the sign-up table, "not this year, missy."

Willow and Xander come stand behind her.

Buffy thumps her forehead with a sheepish smile, "Gosh, I'd love to sign up, but I recently developed carpal tunnel syndrome, and can tragically no longer hold a flashlight."

Snyder holds up the clipboard and pen with a blank stare, "The program starts at four, the children have to be back at six."

Buffy groans in defeat as she reluctantly grabs the pen and clipboard and signs herself up. Xander thinks it's funny and smiles back at Willow who holds a concerned look on her face.

Just when Xander thought he could get away, Snyder holds pens out to him and Willow. They both look at him, begging not to be put through this. He continues to stare at them with no hint of emotion.

"Aw man..." Xander frowns as Willow gives in and takes the pen.

Snyder chuckles to himself with his chest firmly raised then he suddenly snaps his head to the left.

"You too Miss Rosenberg."

Laney freezes as she tries to hide behind a student. She shakes her head laughing lightly.